Taipei places to work on my laptop and drink alcohol

I’m looking for a cafe/bar in Taipei where I can work on my laptop and have a few alcoholic beverages, preferrably one that is open till like 10 p.m. Anyone have any ideas?

2 Likes

I used to frequent this place back during the craft beer boom. It’s now much quieter than before, so you can probably hop on a couch and not be disturbed. The owners are a couple and suuuuuper nice and knowledgeable about craft beers.

3 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/VinylDecision/ Vinyl Decision would be nice

1 Like

Lutetia in Tianmu is a bakery and cafe. They do have beer and other drinks and are open until 10pm. Nice atmosphere.

2 Likes

Carnegies. Usually dead in the afternoon.

Yeah and they have indoor seating and outdoor seating and food available.

Taipei is a larger area… which area do you prefer?

How about Avenue Fast Casual Eatery?

It has a nice selection of drinks as well as food, and a large varied space that is open through the day.

It’s also adjacent to a worksharing facility should you wish to have a more formal work space.

Guy

1 Like

Closes 8.30 unfortunately

1 Like

Yeah a lot of places in Taipei—Avenue included—started closing earlier during the pandemic. It’s starting to look like this might be a lasting change.

Guy

For some its a pickle , cafe/coffee tea open early or stay late? I find that is it strange seeing coffee hard to find in the earlier morning… then i go to family mart… im from seattle most open 5:30-6:00 am

2 Likes

I live in the countryside and there are unlimited options of places to sit, work, plug in and get wasted. Affordable too. I thought this was half the reason transient english teachers ended up staying permanently in taiwan.

Taipei is a bit hard due to over population and lack of tables and bathrooms, but even there i never had an issue having a laptop evening with beer.

OK one last stab at it.

How about Coffee Boy Hop Man in Taipei’s Wenzhou Street neighbourhood? Coffee and alcohol; tables on which one can work; opens late (12:30 pm—a deal breaker for me) but also closes late (around midnight).

Guy

1 Like

Have you not been to Taipei lately? Every other convenient store has a restroom.

Thats what everyone from.taipei says, but i have yet to experience thia. Some.do, but an astonishly large amount dont. Theyre like shoeboxes. i go every few months. Mostly around the 101 area, daan and ximendin. Even when.asked they wont.let people use the staff one. It is always very hard taking my mother around taipei based solely on bathroom issues. As age increases i plan trips there around bathroom access now.

Independent trendy coffee shops on side streets and small lanes frequently have some beers available.

The shrine