Taipei Residents: How much do typically spend on groceries per month?

You’re going pro? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Bee Cafe
蜜蜂咖啡 Bee Coffee
No. 85號, Section 1, Fuxing S Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106

Been getting my coffee there since my early days in Taipei ages ago. They’ve been selling coffee since the ‘70’s I think. Not really a café, just retail coffee & kitchen stuff. Actually, I get the espresso there more because they are my favorite beans in town than for the $, but the price is good and has stayed the same for years (knock on wood). Granted, it’s not a huge bag but it lasts me about a month with one cup a day. The small shop is divided into two sides. Enter on the right and go straight back to the small window where someone is usually bagging beans and tell them what you want (they also have a large variety of pre-bagged right there). They will bag the beans fresh for you and you can ask them to grind them if you want (in Chinese, mine sucks but I know how to say “espresso” and “I want them ground”). They sell fresh coffee to go too but I’ve never tried it, could be good.

4 Likes

Any recommendations?

what do you mean, going?

2 Likes

Perfect! Thank you so much for the details. I’ll go there when I see that my current bag has only a couple of cups left. :blush:

1 Like

Going to pros.

So many in Taiwan now. My fav right now is ParkLife.
Most of the places have gotten many new varieties in.
Google Maps

Others Beer Cat, Hit Cat, Learn Bar, Redpoint (good food too), Zhangmen, Crafthouse (also good food), Crafted at Maji2, Beer Geek, You & Me,

3 Likes

I think I usually spend 15-25k/month on food. On average 10% cooking at home the rest is eating out. I rarely eat local food (except 牛肉面), but I eat vietnamese and thai food often and they’re quite inexpensive.

1 Like

Some damn good vietnamese food here

Edit: I’ve never been to Vietnam so can’t compare

1 Like

It’s a lot better in Vietnam

3 Likes

It’s much better cos they give you loads of fresh vegetables in Vietnam. Here you’ll get a few pieces of soggy lettuce.

3 Likes

Doesn’t that just mean they’ve successfully adapted to the local palate? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations @Aikaili. Redpoint looks particularly inviting, so may have to check that one out among others. Hope you are having some good Happy New Year toasts at some of these places. 新年快乐!

1 Like

Redpoint is great.

2 Likes