Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

I LOVE Sabina Altynbekova, had no idea she was here! /goes off to IG to stalk.

1 Like

I hate to be that guy (ok actually I don’t really mind) but it seems like, in addition to the protest at the opening ceremony, the game has been quite a mess so far.

The track and field coach of the US team is complaining that the transport sucks ass. It sounds pathetic.

:heart_eyes:

That’s not just any track and field coach. That’s carl Lewis. One of the most decorated Olympians of all time.

1 Like

Well I obviously wouldn’t know that lol.

He’s saying the traffic is not good and the cars are not arriving and leaving on time? Sorry I can only skim read. Besides restaurants menus I’m useless in reading Chinese.

If I met a judo girl we would have too many debates about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu vs Judo. I think the only martial arts girl I’d ever date is Rikako Yuasa because she is cute as all get out or this one girl from Taichung BJJ, she is so frikin cute too.

If Judo had not changed all of its rules by 1925, I’m sure it would look just like BJJ today. Darn Judo :slight_smile:

I prefer this kind of look other some random ass xD

Weird. The FISU people were a signed each a car and driver.

Edited
Apparently the bus leaves wether the athletes a recall there, there are delays, a bit messy. They say the volunteers are friendly and helpful but the directors are not helping to solve the transportation problems.

EDIT 2
On the other hand, Apple Daily does like to stir up trouble.

HEADS UP regarding tickets: on line purchase ends The DAY BEFORE.

Meaning if you want to go to a game today, you’d risk going to the venue and being sold out.

This is really weird. Not even movie tickets go that far. A full morning would be a reasonable buffer.

That’s def Apple Daily stirring things up.

However, on the side of Carl Lewis…as a fellow American, ANYONE living in any of those red, white and blue states would get pissed off by Taipei traffic.

Btw, Kuo Hsing-Chun destroyed the competition in women’s 58kg weight lifting and also took the world record in the category.

1 Like

Holy cow, not only she managed to lift it quickly, she also held it for quite a long time. I think it won’t take long until she beats her own record.

1 Like

I remember when he won his gold in 84 and 88. He and Ben Johnson had a little rivalry, IIRC. Later, Johnson was relieved of his medals due to doping.

Yeah. That is true. I do so on a daily basis. I go all NY cab driver on everyone. One of these days I am going to mouth of to the wrong person at the wrong time…

Ugh. “Chinese Taipei” it hits my ears like a locomotive going sideways.

I think it was Shaw who said I don’t eat my friends.

Ben Johnson made the anabolic steroid winstrol or stanzolol famous. I have many speed and agility athletes along with bodybuilders bring up his name and the drug. I believe he also made PEDs a huge topic as well since he was such a prolific athlete and was ridiculously fast. People got really interested in steroids from the guy.

1 Like

Well, at least he retained his legacy.

I cocked that all up.

IMG_0044

The weather is being reasonable so far, looks like today I may attend Taiwan vs (Can’t remember) in Volleyball, then back to Nangang for gymnastics.

1 Like

Very nice, did you take that pic yourself?

Can someone just walk in and buy tickets at the door for gymnastics or the other events?