Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

Apparently there’s good people on both sides, very good people.

2 Likes

Ireland 2: Taiwan 1 men’s soccer yesterday.

Taiwan took the lead with a penalty and Ireland snatched it in the dying minutes. Was a good buzz at furen stadium.

PS there were plenty of tickets available at the gate even though they stopped selling online by noon the previous day.

I may depend on the event. To the locals, the CT football/soccer doesn’t have many big names…or names at all. Nonetheless, I’m sure there wasn’t a shortage of supporters.

The media area for track & fields sucks donkey balls

Why is taiwan so good at women’s weight lifting. It’s just such a strange thing for us to be good at.

I’d hazard that it doesn’t require much space and you can do it indoors

In water polo Hungary took an early lead, now they’re getting a bit rekt by Russia but they’re still in the game

Any blood in the water?

Not yet

There were probably 5000 people there as there are still plenty of soccer supporters in Taiwan and lots of kids play soccer . They closed the ticket sales too early which meant a lot of folks probably thought it was sold out.

Ticket sales is always a problem in Taiwan. People here never buy early and nothing ever sells out until very close to the event or at the door at the day of. It’s why even big name artists don’t like coming and sporting events never take off. We did a big MMA thing, televised and made ticket sales online and in 711. Almost all of out tickets were sold the day off at the door which was a mess. IDK why people in Taiwan are so weird about buying tickets.

Hopefully that will allow the Taiwanese society to be more progressive on gender equality issues.

Sorry for being so suspicious but world record at the student games in your home country.

Possible…But…unlikely.
Now the drug testing regime will be interesting for this event. Dopers are always trying to stay one step ahead

Are the students tested?

Russia won 12 to 11, part of the Hungarian staff was expelled from the match because they were making a mess.

If Kuo was relatively unknown then I’d understand the suspicion.

However, Kuo Hsing-chun had already won another gold medal in the 2013 Universiade, a gold in the 2013 World Championships, 3 gold in 3 Asian Championships.

She also won bronze in the 2016 Rio Olympics. She was actually fairly confident that she could win gold in the Olympics, but old injuries plagued her performance then.

So it’s not a huge surprise that she could break the World Record.

2 Likes

Very clever!

icee

1 Like

Greece won against Argentina, but the Greek girls were so upset, their coach kept complaining about them the whole match, feelsbadman.

Kangaroo people vs baguette people now

Baguette people won, next is Pasta people vs Burgers

You guys may find this article interesting… for research purpose :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like