Taipei Summer Universiade 2017 :facebook:

I think the thought might be if they listed the teams then people would only buy tickets to see team Taiwan. Well, what’s wrong with that? At least a few games would be sold out. Also those people who wants to see the other athletes would know which tickets to buy…

That’s not accounting for the time and effort spent going to one of these events.

Some venues are a real pain to get to on days with high traffic, and I expect those 2 weeks to be rather crazy from that point of view.
I’ll stick to Nangang and the Arena, easy to reach by bus+mrt for me.

True. If you’re not in Taipei or don’t have your own means of transportation, it can add up!

I’m still contemplating whether I want to go check out ping pong or badminton. I’ve never seen those sports live and I know they can get pretty intense.

It’s too bad they didn’t have track cycling included in the mix of competitions. Mostly because Taipei doesn’t have that kind of venue available.

Sorry I’m a little slow today.

Can I have a little help here?

OK, I choose Swimming. I go to the bottom of the page and it says Competition Schedule of Swimming.

It turns into a table where they say first male place againts second place… No countries as far as I can see.

Help?

I also found the Technical handbook. Are the countries listed there?

I googled a bit, and I think this answers our questions:

http://sports.gov.taipei/ct.asp?xItem=314624358&ctNode=34659&mp=104061

惟對戰組合尚待抽籤決定,抽籤日程預計為各種類開賽前1-2日,

Apparently someone thought it a good idea to decide the match up by drawing straws at most 2 days ahead of the competitions, meaning there is no way for audiences to plan ahead.

While it might be good that the athlete couldn’t just prep for their opponents, but it’s terrible for business.

Indeed. If I want to cheer for the athletes of the ol country, that means I have to scram to make arrangements.

And someone has to know. How come some specific dates are sold out?

Are the Georgians coming?

Wang Leehom will unveil a new song for the Universiade.

And a lot of delegations are already here. Argentina athletes were spotted around Linkou yesterday.

2 Likes

Does it mean it will be full of young girls waiting for that guy’s song? 8)

1 Like

Thank you for calling me young and beautiful. Muchas gracias!

Are you trying to hint that you’re coming to the opening ceremony just to hear his new song?

That’s cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnjJNknumRM

Someone discovered that if you play the two Universiade ads side by side, they actually merge seamlessly.

What have I done 8(

I was checking the schedule and on Saturday there are gymnastics in a location and water polo in a different one at the same time in the morning, and then nothing until the opening ceremony?

wtf…

If you play them in reverse it tells you where all the money actually went; and why it’s so difficult for someone that speaks English to actually obtain a ticket for something they want to see.

I think the money was destined to be gone from the moment the last city government decided to host this darn thing.

Hmm, I see “young,” but I don’t see “beautiful.” Looks to me like someone’s on a fishing expedition. :wink: