Taipei Times or China Post: which paper better?

Foreign friend say me Taipei Times better than China Post.
He say Taipei Times more “serious”.
But I think China Post better.

1. China Post have more news.
  2. China Post not all aboout DPP.
  3. China Post have cartoon normal person can understand.

[quote=“sam_wong”]Foreign friend say me Taipei Times better than China Post.

3. China Post have cartoon normal person can understand.[/quote]

They both stink worse than Tarzan’s taint! :laughing:

[quote=“ChewDawg”][quote=“sam_wong”]Foreign friend say me Taipei Times better than China Post.

3. China Post have cartoon normal person can understand.[/quote]They both stink worse than Tarzan’s taint! :laughing:[/quote]
    Much truth in your observation Mr. ChewyDawg.

But TTimes have smell of [color=#408000]fragrant green taint[/color]…liked much better by hipster foreign devils… :bow:

They both have the same number of pages. What’s the difference?

they both suck donkey dooh.

… but Taipei Times does have one good thing: Pop Stop on Fridays.
Sort of like National Enquirer wrap of the week’s gossip on Taiwan (and HK) stars and other famous people.

one sample: taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003523102

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“ChewDawg”][quote=“sam_wong”]Foreign friend say me Taipei Times better than China Post.

3. China Post have cartoon normal person can understand.[/quote]They both stink worse than Tarzan’s taint! :laughing:[/quote]
    Much truth in your observation Mr. ChewyDawg.

But TTimes have smell of [color=#408000]fragrant green taint[/color]…liked much better by hipster foreign devils… :bow:[/quote]

I was into TT before it became mainstream. :stuck_out_tongue:

Much like the gimmick that is Sam Wong, both are played out, redundant and have been spewing the same transparent nonsense since I first read.

One is blue, one is green, both are about as delightful as baby doo-doo squirts.

I have read neither in the past five years and I bet if I picked one up, there would be the exact same ads and the exact same BS.

The only thing worse than these pieces of box filler is ‘This Month in Taiwan’. If I had a bird, I wouldn’t even let it shit on any of these publications for fear it might catch some retardation disease.

I like the China Post because it has the most (unintentionally) amusing editorials columns. Even the news reports about uniquely-Taiwanese mishaps are often written in a deadpan style that makes you wonder if the author is taking the piss.

I read both online and therefore i no longer have paper to line my birdcages with. OF course i no longer have birds as well.

I agree with Finley. The CP is far more entertaining. The CP prints the whacky local news that the TT is too snooty to cover.

Tommy, you could put a laptop in the bottom of birdcage, set your browser to www.taipeitimes.com and let the bird poop on the screen.

[quote=“monkey”]I agree with Finley. The CP is far more entertaining. The CP prints the whacky local news that the TT is too snooty to cover.

Tommy, you could put a laptop in the bottom of birdcage, set your browser to taipeitimes.com and let the bird poop on the screen.[/quote]

novel :laughing:

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]Much like the gimmick that is Sam Wong, both are played out, redundant and have been spewing the same transparent nonsense since I first read.

[/quote]

touche…I wonder how long Sam can keep it up…he’s kind of like Steve Martin, once funny, now just kinda pathetic.

To be fair, and of course thats what we all strive to do & be (get it…do be), the blandness and occasional hilarity of both papers lay in it sourcing and translations…can ya say…CNA?..sure…I knew ya could…:smiley:

I did like the picture last week of the Fire truck which had an embedded “[color=#FF0000]Chinese Fire Drill[/color]” caption…that got a chuckle…well done lads… :bravo:

I agree that TT and CP are sometimes irrelevant, stupid, or just a waste of time, but are there really any other better English-language sources for Taiwan news?

english.cntv.cn/news/china/

Bottom right: Taiwan News.

Bottom right: Taiwan News.[/quote]

[quote]Passenger train derailed by truck in Taiwan, train driver dead
Hong Kong adjusts Outbound Travel Alert for Japan
Incumbent Taiwan leader Ma Ying-jeou wins second term
Candidates for Taiwan´s leadership election street canvass in final hours[/quote]

A little outdated isn’t it?

Edit: this might be a little better. http://focustaiwan.tw/

Bottom right: Taiwan News.[/quote]

[quote]Passenger train derailed by truck in Taiwan, train driver dead
Hong Kong adjusts Outbound Travel Alert for Japan
Incumbent Taiwan leader Ma Ying-jeou wins second term
Candidates for Taiwan´s leadership election street canvass in final hours[/quote]

A little outdated isn’t it?

Edit: this might be a little better. http://focustaiwan.tw/[/quote]

It was a joke. :laughing:

Both China Post and Taipei Times simply serve up the news without fancy attempts at being literary. At the same time, they’re unashamedly partisan. Both are proud, but almost forgotten traditions in the west. Papers like these helped build democracy as we know it, by catering to an informed and politically active public. What we have instead these days in North America and Europe are broadsheets reduced to tabloids, both in format and style, seeking desperately to expand their market shares by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

[quote=“mike029”]

It was a joke. :laughing:[/quote]

HA! Now I get it. Hilarious! :unamused:

The commonwealth magazine english version isn’t bad.
I had an English colleague visit a while back, he read the Taipei Times and said ‘it’s not bad is it?’. If you know this guy that is like him saying I just got laid with the Brazilian female volleyball team. :astonished: