✈ Airlines - Philippines/Thailand | Flights in December 2021

Considering going to Philippines or Thailand in December and comparison looks like Thailand is much cheaper.

From a very common consolidation travel site that seems similar or better than direct airlines offerings.

This is a one-way flight comparison.

1 Like

Don’t be nuts; go to Thailand!

[If you can afford the quarantine upon return to Taiwan and can actually secure a place to do so.]

Guy

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like that would be an issue. He is searching for one-way flights.

1 Like

Maybe he likes the Philippines 3 times as much as Taiwan.

not sure about the phils, but doesn’t thailand allow you to skip quarantine if you’re vaxxed now? are the bars open in either place (or, KTV, or where ever you prefer to frequent?). i know the thailand situation has been unstable, but that they are desperately trying to open up tourism again (officially it is a small part of the economy, unofficially much larger)

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/breaking-reopening-of-bars-and-nightclubs-pushed-to-mid-january-2022

so yeah, quarantine on arrival and availability of entertainment, these would factor in to my decision

Yup:

I guess I don’t understand how this even is a decision you have to make.

Are you Filipino? Are you married to a Filipino? Do you have a business in the Philippines that gives you an existing valid visa?

If the answer to any one of the above is “yes” then you have the option of going to the Philippines. If all of the answers are “no” then the Philippine government wants you to fuck off to Thailand; their borders have been closed to tourists for over a year now and they have no plans to reopen.

Edit: I guess they also allow foreign diplomats in, but somehow I don’t think you’re a foreign diplomat on assignment to the Philippines or else you wouldn’t be talking about vacationing there.