Taipei Xmas dinner recommendations?

Any good / bad experiences from last year? Which places serve a reasonable approximation of a Christmas dinner, complete with turkey and Xmas pudding and without breaking the bank?

For a start not the Hyatt… about 1000 NTD all you can eat and drink… which means you can only partake in stuffing yourself or getting drunk but not together… the stomach is not that big…wass there last year… way too sterile :frowning:
Actually I wouldn’t go near a hotel for Xmas day espically here… they try to be Xmasy but it just does not work

You could of course try the other restaruants here like Dan Ryans and TGI fridays if you are desperate

TGI Friday’s is advertising a X-mas/New Years Special dinner, from 12/24 until 12/31. I haven’t tried it out, but I’m thinking I might take my boyfriend there for dinner tonight … if I can get him out of bed (I think he’s got to be the laziest guy I’ve ever met). Anyway, there are two set menus to choose from:

SET MEAL A (NT$1,800)

Cocktails:

Candy Cane/ Long Island Iced Tea

Soup:

Steak Vegetable Soup

Appetizer:

Special Chili Garlic Calamari

Salad:

Special Chopped Deli Salad

Entree (three, choose two):

Ribs (half slab)
Pepperjack Smothered Steak
Southern Comfort Roasted Chicken

Dessert:

Mocha Mud Pie

Beverages:

Coffee or Tea or Coca Cola

SET MEAL B (NT$2,400)

Cocktails (four, choose two):

Red Wine/ White Wine/ Candy Cane/ Long Island Iced Tea

Soup:

Steak Vegetable Soup

Appetizer:

Special Chili Garlic Calamari

Salad:

Special Caesar Salad

Entree (three, choose two):

Ribs (half slab)
Steak Au Poivre (U.S.D.A. choice 12 o.z.)
Cajun Fried Snapper & Shrimp Combination

Dessert:

Cheesecake (with strawberry)

Beverages:

Coffee or Tea or Coca Cola

In the hope that this will be helpful next year, I was quite impressed with the Christmas dinner at Carnegies. I actually had it at lunch, where it was served until 2:30. I suspect it was more or less a traditional English dinner, as it varied somewhat from the norm in America. Price includes white meat turkey, sausage, champagne, dressing, brown and white gravies, roasted potatoes, carrots and brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce, salad, shrimp cocktail, and Christmas pudding. My portion was too large to finish, and I have a healthy appetite. I was the last diner on the lunch, however, so that mught or might not have affected the size. It tasted good, although the turkey was a tad dry and sausage and shrimp cocktail are not what I think of at Christmas.