Taiwan 13th Smartest in World, 4th in IQ

People don’t like it because it is one of the things that destroy both left wing and also right wing people if you think about it. The dream of some perfect egalitarian society by the leftist where everyone is equal is impossible when we realize people’s cognitive functions and intelligence can drastically be different. And these things are not only practical in real life consequences but they are also somewhat permanent and also seems hereditary. IQ tests are not the perfect way to measure intelligence but it is one of the best ways we have. The right wing people hate it because the argument of people aren’t successful because they don’t work hard enough is also destroyed. It would seem some people are just not going to be successful no matter how hard they work.

There are some environmental factors, but it’s still strongly biological.

If we could make people more intelligence and improve cognitive function beyond our biological abilities, we’d be all over that by now. It’s extremely predicting of future success. It’s not like people with different IQ end up in different places in life, it’s been strongly correlated to it.

IQ isn’t the only thing we test. Things like verbal acuity, spatial awareness. Even though men’s and women’s IQ are similar with some putting women above mens. Men do better in some measures of intelligence like spatial awareness. Most of these are not huge differences, but on a large scale they produce huge differences. And on a bell curve average, we see a lot of the inequalities due to the outliers.

Historians believe that the different Egyptian dynasties are not sub Saharan african by DNA testing.

It’s a shitty fact that destroy our belief in equality. The evidence it’s based on genetic is strong. Perhaps we don’t understand it yet, or we are so wrong. But we shouldn’t dismiss it because we see practical results of it, and a lot of problems that could be fixed if we understood it better. And it can be racist if one was to used it to discriminate, even though on a bell curve average it means nothing. The chances of you being the outlier genius and outlier of low IQ is the same.

Saying IQ findings are racist is like saying it’s sexist to publish findings of height differences between men and women. Are there environmental factors, yes! I think humans are now almost 1 foot taller than just a few hundred years ago. But most of that is environmental like lack of nutrition. Why would it be crazy to think there would be genetic factors to IQ

Well if you’re GDP is 1 dollar and it becomes 2 dollars you just doubled your growth. It’s not really surprising poorer countries can have higher growth rates.

So the wondering ashkenazi jews having incomes and correlating IQ worlds apart to blacks is because of racism?

I don’t think you know a whole lot about genetics and IQ testing.
Lumping all Africans together is racist. They are a diverse group.
IQ and intelligence is inherited (over half supposedly) but other factors are very important, nutrition and schooling .
Even now though it seems we can only predict 10% of intelligence from genes that have been identified. In this study they just looked at Europeans.

It is a dangerous thing to start judging people by their genetics. It’s going to put people into boxes they may not be allowed out of.

The studies do not just lump all Africans together. It’s not racist to make empirical observations. And I do know a lot more history than the average person I would say. I’m aware of the diverse groups of Africa.

There are literally countries where the average IQ is mental retardation levels to others. It’s a problem, to say it’s racist to make this observation out of fear of racism is ignorance.

And I don’t think you know any more about genetics than I do so if you’re going to make that statement about me.

We like to say there were great civilizations in sub sahari Africa. In some why there were but in other perspectives…well no writing system, nothing innovative even like wheels. No real scientific learnings. It could be hypothetical that people who valued and learned better in other ways moved away from there and develop other kinds of civilizations.

For example, lots of IQ testing is using images to solve problems. They have ones without language using purely shapes and stuff to eliminate the biases of language and education. And what is basically written language but shapes put together. Pretty much every language started pictographic. Perhaps the people who migrated away were better at this?

You don’t think I know anymore about genetics than you.

Chortle.

Blaming the lack of something on one factor that we aren’t even all that clear about is a MASSIVE jump.

Why do Taiwanese work long hours for low pay ? Dumb muthertruckers!
Why did they not build pavements ? Dumb muthertruckers!
Why are Americans so fat ? Dumb muthertruckers!

Well you’re not doing very well in interpreting any of this so.

We are very clear on IQ and success. It’s incredibly predictable.

More chortling. Let’s just say I wouldn’t accuse you of knowing nothing about basketball.

Show me all the studies.
Also where were all the studies done ?
Also what was average educational background of those with high IQ. Were they as successful when they didn’t go to good schools and colleges?

I really the biggest determinant of success in the US is the educational (ivy league) and income background of the parents. Basically if you are in you are in.

Keep the ad hominems coming instead of any depth in anything.

You seem to think you have the equivalent of a graduate degree in genetics.
That’s what you claimed .
I’d work on getting your degree first.

The biggest factor by far is the parents income.

Quote me lol. I never brought up the authority argument on the subject of IQ. That was you. I simply threw it right back.

Keep the ad hominems coming instead of making any real arguments! That will show everyone!

There’s literally hundreds of studies showing IQ correlating with success. It’s literally the best prediction we have, but prediction does not guarantee.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289607000219

You claimed you knew as much about genetics as me. That’s extremely unlikely. Possible but unlikely.
Also if you studied genetics you’d know that, while there’s been fantastic progress, there are still big gaps in our knowledge.

I’m the last person to say genes don’t have a big effect on intelligence. I personally have some insight on that. Most studies say at least half of our measure of intelligence is related to our genes.

What I AM saying is to lump whole ‘races’ or continents of people together and say they are dumb cos of their genes is pretty dumb !

I threw the authority argument right back at you. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. People who know more don’t say they know more to make their point. They just make their point. They certainly don’t feel insecure enough to throw degrees around.

Only you’re saying that. Not me. I never called any groups dumb. But to ignore group differences is just ignorance.

That’s the way the world works Andrew, if you have a qualification from a reputable institution of learning that took years of study and research to get you get to say…I probably know more than you about this general area…And people will believe them for good reason.

So you understand African human genetics are very diverse right ?
Also that Africa is one of the biggest continents ?
That it has some unique challenges in terms of tropical diseases too?
That African genetics has not been well studied ?

You’re a geneticist? I’ve never heard you say this before.

I have a very good background in the area and worked in it for years.
I’m not saying all you are saying is wrong.
But people should be wary of making conclusions from limited facts and experimental evidence.