Taiwan 13th Smartest in World, 4th in IQ

Btw the fact that Taiwanese people voted for cunts like Ma, Ko, Han etc. shows that Taiwanese people collectively are extremely stupid. At least those who voted for them are fucking brain dead.

Awesome. So it’s OK to call Taiwanese people fucking brain dead, but not Africans.

Was there?

I think that’s legitimately one of the most racist things I’ve read outside of 4chan ! Bravo!

2 Likes

I can think of at least 3 reasons:
1- China still had a strong central power, capable of planning and executing the plan. African countries are far worse right now, it’s not just poor but it also lacks any true institution.
2- In a globalized economy, supply chain ecosystems rule. China was closer to, and had cultural connections to, up and coming manufacturing powerhouses such as Taiwan, SK and Japan.
3- Africa is not a single country, China is. It is an inherent advantage when it comes to foreign investment,

1 Like

Or they made enough money!

When you have a choice and make such stupid decisions you deserve reprehension.

Wasn’t that more-or-less what I said?

Just picking a name at random here from a huge pool of possibilities:

I think perhaps in the end its not genetics so much as the cultural story each country has about itself what that cultural story prioritizes, which contributes to behavior such as overlooking corruption, or seeing itself as hard working. If the culture is steeped in Tribalism seperatist mentality and infighting or in inclusivity. This is reflected in its laws and peoples behaviors. Once a countrys people adopts a different cultural story about itself perhaps less of a Victum story (even if it is justified as being a victum) it will take more action to change such as in Singapore case. Like I said no one would have blammed Singapore if they blammed the British Empire today for being dirt poor. People would just shrug and say yep those Brits screwed over this Asian country. Asian cultures value high levels of education and you see it play out in these Test and IQ rankings even at the cost of high suicide and depression rates among the young. Japanese have their own cultural story which creates their culture as it is today good and bad

1 Like

The Nobel Prize is pretty interesting, US 1st? Most of the winners are naturalized citizens.

correct.

Like the cultural revolution? 228?

Im just referring to formal education on the charts above. Test Taking (Mostly STEM), IQ etc. I know theyre lacking in other areas like World History, World Politics,

FYI for future reference. As amazing as Singaporean economy is, its not like they came from nothing. They were already waaay richer than your typical asian country.
GDP nominal per capita estimates by World bank for 1965 (Singapore independence):
Spain: 772
Singapore: 516
Portugal: 513
India: 121
South Korea: 106
Indonesia: 56

1 Like

Actually that is completely untrue. New Zealand has by far the highest youth suicide rate. The US and Canada are also high-ish. Japan and Korea are around OECD average. Their old age suicide rate drives up their overall suicide rate.

Hong Kong’s a bit higher but Taiwan’s even lower.

No it’s not. Africans don’t have a choice.

Which shows how stupid this index is. Number of Nobel Prize winners as a metric? Idiotic.

No, because they’re well-spoken. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s much easier for me to accept than “genetics”.

The difference is that Singapore is a prime international real estate. Even if it was literally a swamp before the British built it up, the geo-political location is undeniably important. That’s why the British chose it as a base, despite the fact that it lacks natural resources. The British didn’t make Singapore dirt poor, but in reality drew trade from traditional centers of commerce in the area to Singapore by making it a free port.

2 Likes

LOL.

Malema is hugely popular, despite being a complete scumbag. Of course they have a choice, and they exercised it.

Or if you insist that they don’t (and I do agree that in some African countries, they clearly don’t), ask yourself: why don’t they?

Yeah the notion that Singapore is a rags to riches story is complete bullshit. KOREA is a rags to riches story.

1 Like

USA is like the NY Yankees. We get whomever we want.