Taiwan 3rd Happiest Nation in Asia

Brilliant post, Pingdong! :bravo: :notworthy: :bow: Hit the nail on the head!

[quote=ā€œPingdongā€]I am waiting for a study on ā€œHappiest Expats in Asiaā€. Cause so many expats around the globe are grumpy mother fuckers. Often racists, in an unintentional way, and always rather full of themselves, degrading the country they reside and its inhabitants. Its rather sad. Taiwan has many fucked up things, no one will deny and its not ever hidden, it is very obvious and worn on teh surface here, albeit not intentionally.

The funny thing is when people think of these people, Taiwanese, and often say something like ā€œthey live a miserable existence and donā€™t understand anything outside their their TV tubeā€ is kind of ignint. There is some truth, but certainly not at all. If it was truly so bad, how much worse is their home country that they stay here?[/quote]
This first part is just excellently worded. :thumbsup:

I think he meant go bitch elsewhere, but considering that half those who bitch and complain donā€™t live here anymore, it was a flawed concept. Shame on you Bismark for that oversight.[/quote]
That, and thereā€™s no pleasing some people. :idunno:

My problem with taiwan is not that it is miserable to live here, as it isnā€™t, but that the parts that are a challenge could be ameliorated with the tiniest of effort. I mean things like not allowing ghost paper burning in crowded urban areas for example. It affects my health and the health of people I love so it isnā€™t a case of adapting. Sorry, but I canā€™t adapt to carcinogenics in my environment. :unamused:

I know not if it will ever come to this, yet I suspect it already has.
What with my bounce back to the Detroit River in 2010, and this yearā€™s launch for Active Pass, Iā€™m well afraid that:
I used to Love Taiwan:

Lifeā€™s a great post. I need that inscribed some where. :laughing:

Taiwan now 1st place in East Asia, ahead of Singapore and Japan.
In 2012, Taiwan was behind Singapore and Japan (46th globally).

Some forumosans mustā€™ve helped out on this improvement.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2018/03/16/2003689381

:rofl:

All I can conclude from this is that Asia in general is a pretty miserable place for the people who live here (and canā€™t just float in and out like us ex-pats). The happiest country in all of Asia still only ranks in the 30s. No matter where Iā€™ve worked in Asia I always hear the same complaints about work-life balance, shitty job opportunities, the need for education reform, conflict with older generations, suffocating social obligations, etc.

Ugh no. The happiest in Asia is Israel, ranked 11th, then UAE, like 20-something, then Taiwan, 26th (unless youā€™re gonna say that Israel and UAE arenā€™t really Asian). It was in the 30s last year so either a bunch of countries got much sadder within a year, Taiwan got happier within a year, or that this report is bs. Iā€™m going with the last one.

I guess I should clarify. I know Israel and the UAE are technically in Asia, but I was thinking just East Asia and SE Asia when I was considering overall happinessā€¦ Confucian influenced cultures in the Sinosphere.

But regardless, the report probably is BS. Just like that global happiness index that told me Bhutan is the happiest country in the world.

Now 2018, iā€™m not happy for 9 hrs x 5 days in a week and been grumpy old lady for consecutive 8 years now :roll_eyes: need to plan and take action or else will end up :crazy_face: