Taiwan Adventist Hospital

I have read several posts about this facility and was just curious if anyone has had experience with there ob/gyn medical services. :help:

Thanks in advance. :wink:

Yes i have (see the section on gynos in the womenā€™s only forum). Basically they were like most gynos iā€™ve seen here. abrupt, short on time, a bit rough and maybe clean.

Iā€™ve been to see gynos at NTU Hospital, Taiwan Adventist Hospital, Zhongshan Hospital and the Koo Foundation Sun Yat-Sen Cancer Center. The best one by far was Dr Charles Tsai at the Koo Foundation Hospital (itā€™s in Beitou, Zhongyi MRT). You can book on 2897 1177 (not sure if they speak English), or you can go to the Li Deh Clinic (they do speak English, but youā€™ll pay heaps more), phone 2897 0320.

If you go through the Li Deh Clinic and they try and palm Dr Yang off on you, say NO. Dr Hong is better, but not as good as Dr Tsai.

Hope that helps.

I requested access to the Womenā€™s Forum. Your feedback is much appreciated, I am a bit nervous about getting my yearly exam here. I am hoping the Womenā€™s Forum will shed some light on the situation/options.

i went to renā€™aiā€¦ in and out in 5 minutes which was fine with meā€¦ i donā€™t really care and they mail the results to you.

Yearly exam or having a baby?

I had a baby at Adventist 4 years ago and it was okay. Not perfect, but the old Tainwanese gentleman was (mostly) respectful of my wishes and very patient with my many questions. Heā€™s not there anymore, and the only other doctor I saw there post partum spoke English very well but seemed a little too friendly to me.

The two ob/gyns I recommend are at Chung Shan Hospital. Bernice Chen or Jean Chang. Nice women, I saw Bernice throughout my last pregnancy, but birthed with Jean. Both speak excellent English, overseas Chinese who were educated in the Philippines.

[quote=ā€œbraxtonhicksā€]Yearly exam or having a baby?

I had a baby at Adventist 4 years ago and it was okay. Not perfect, but the old Tainwanese gentleman was (mostly) respectful of my wishes and very patient with my many questions. Heā€™s not there anymore, and the only other doctor I saw there post partum spoke English very well but seemed a little too friendly to me.

The two ob/gyns I recommend are at Zhongshan Hospital. Bernice Chen or Jean Chang. Nice women, I saw Bernice throughout my last pregnancy, but birthed with Jean. Both speak excellent English, overseas Chinese who were educated in the Philippines.[/quote]

I need to get my yearly exam (soon).

Thank you for the feedback (I do not know Mandarin, so the doctor knowing English is important to me). Would you happen to have a link/contact information for Zhongshan Hospital/Bernice Chen &/ Jean Chang?

Thanks again. :wink:

Chung Shan Hospital (on the Ren Ai, Dun Hwa circle) 2708-1166

If you speak to them in English, they might direct you to the PCC or private clinic next door, where they do not take NHI. PCC only takes cash but itā€™s always very reasonableā€¦ just ask beforehand what the charge is.

If you want to NHI only, just tell that to the receptionist. Iā€™ve only been to PCC once because even though the charge without NHI is low compared to stateside self-pay, I got the same care at the hospital with the same doctor. :unamused: Good luck!

Iā€™m pretty sure that Bernice is the woman that I saw at Zhongshan. This is my experience of her (from the womenā€™s only forum) :

So, when I came down with something that seemed like PID, I trotted off to Dr Zhang Peilin at Zhongshan Hospital (recommended on forumosa.com). She was terrible. She ran in and out of the room, didnā€™t wash her hands before examining me and didnā€™t want to give me a medical certificate (I always ask for a medical certificate in English so that I can do my own research about the illness). She told me that I was being paranoid, and that I didnā€™t have PID (but wouldnā€™t do the tests that determine if I had PID).

I forgot to say that she gave me the wrong medication too.

The doctors at the Li Deh Clinic all speak English.

Nope, thatā€™s not Bernice. Maybe Jean Chang (Zhang?) but Berniceā€™s Chinese name is Chen.

Oops sorry to Bernice for unjustly saying that she is bad. :blush:

Yep! Chang Peilin is Jean 9sometimes rather abrupt) had her throughout my first pregnancy and delivery and Bernice throught my last one and I really preferBernice. She never rushed me out, answered all and any questions I had and was basically just a great person.