Taiwan anchorwoman told Chen to "eat sh*t...." on live TV

I was checking Taiwan television programs to see how the typhoon was doing.

There was something else even more interesting. Apparently a TVBS anchorwoman told former
president Chen to “…eat sh*t…” The whole thing was broadcasted live on national
television all over Taiwan. This is what she said “神經病,阿扁怎麼可能拿那錢出來…吃大便!”

This post is useless without the Youtube video of this incident: :slight_smile: (listen for her comments
starting at 0:47 and ending at 0:50)
youtube.com/watch?v=uhMd-1YL1Co

another video, from a different TV station:
youtube.com/watch?v=QkurUCYZvac

The lady shown in the video didn’t say it. It was this one(who was about to go on-air)

Chen’s office and his supported called for a apology from the TV station. The station did issue a statement on TV later apologizing.

What I find funny is that many Taiwan residents probably are probably cheering for this anchorwoman. :smiley:

IMHO, the anchorwoman needs some some Orbit gum for her dirty mouth. ex-president Chen also needs some Orbit gum, if he follows her directions and eats you know what… :smiley:
youtube.com/watch?v=WEJJUGJZxpU
youtube.com/watch?v=0WtHRMtf … re=related

Ha ha! That WAS really funny. Lucky for her she’s only an anchor woman and not uni prof. No lawsuit–just say sorry and not even directly. Of course, she IS Taiwanese, so you know . . . .

it just occured to me that 70% of the Taiwanese voters probably feel the same way
towards Chen… :slight_smile: They probably have worse things in mind.

You cannot hear the “eat sh*t” part clearly. Sure she said that?

Damn, I thought the person would at least be talking to Chen directly.
But it’s still funny, I guess. During a typhoon, everything’s funny.

Good for her.

I don’t know. I would say watching TVBS is like eating shit every day.

Yes, you can, and yes, she did. Right before he starts talking.

some people think the opposite… they say it’s like taking a dump… :smiley:

starting at 0:47 and ending at 0:50

this concludes today’s Chinese lesson in trash-talking… :smiley:

you know… it would have been even funnier if she said it in Taiwanese instead of Mandarin! :smiley:

The mic was hot when it shouldn’t have been; she didn’t mean to broadcast it live.

Are you sure that’s not just an excuse to get out of the situation? Otherwise it’s divine intervention for a mic to be hot at such a wonderfully opportune moment. I hope she doesn’t get fired.

Considering what the Taiwanese ‘media’ feeds the public everyday she might have meant her comment as a station promo… :blah:

Yes, I’m pretty sure the microphone was hot when she thought it wasn’t, i.e. either the sound guy in the control room did it by accident or on purpose. She has no control over the mic and has to assume that the people in the control booth are doing their jobs, which, most of the time, they do.

[quote=“RedSarah”]The lady shown in the video didn’t say it. It was this one(who was about to go on-air)
[/quote]

:lovestruck: She’s hot and she told Chen to eat shit… I think I’m in love!

[quote=“RedSarah”]I was checking Taiwan television programs to see how the typhoon was doing.

There was something else even more interesting. Apparently a TVBS anchorwoman told former
president Chen to “…eat sh*t…” The whole thing was broadcasted live on national
television all over Taiwan. This is what she said “神經病,阿扁怎麼可能拿那錢出來…吃大便!”

This post is useless without the Youtube video of this incident: :slight_smile: (listen for her comments
starting at 0:47 and ending at 0:50)
youtube.com/watch?v=uhMd-1YL1Co

The lady shown in the video didn’t say it. It was this one(who was about to go on-air)

Chen’s office and his supported called for a apology from the TV station. The station did issue a statement on TV later apologizing.

What I find funny is that many Taiwan residents probably are probably cheering for this anchorwoman. :smiley:

IMHO, the anchorwoman needs some some Orbit gum for her dirty mouth. ex-president Chen also needs some Orbit gum, if he follows her directions and eats you know what… :smiley:
youtube.com/watch?v=WEJJUGJZxpU
youtube.com/watch?v=0WtHRMtf … re=related
[/quote]

Well heck she can say what the heck she wants…cuz … she is HOT

Here’s her blog: wretch.cc/blog/snower666
Doesn’t mention anything about the incident though.

no why would her blog mention it?

if she did say it, hot mike or unintended, that is totally unprofessional, and totally typical of the biased trash that you find at TVBS.

whether or not you feel that way about Chen, as a journalist you have to keep your emotions and your mouth in check, and this was a clear failure of that.

who watches that crap channel anyway?

[quote=“urodacus”]no why would her blog mention it?

if she did say it, hot mike or unintended, that is totally unprofessional, and totally typical of the biased trash that you find at TVBS.

whether or not you feel that way about Chen, as a journalist you have to keep your emotions and your mouth in check, and this was a clear failure of that.

who watches that crap channel anyway?[/quote]

Even journalists are allowed to voice their own opinions in private. TVBS didn’t intend for this to be aired. It was most likely a technical mistake, and why not watch that crap channel when all the others are just as crap?