Taiwan anchorwoman told Chen to "eat sh*t...." on live TV

it only shows the level of the people working at TVBS…

If it was Comedy Central, it was acceptable… but not at a news channel.

Aw come on she was just expressing a private opinion. something everybody does . Just she didnt know she was ON THE AIR.

Sides, shes so cute you can forgive her, or at least I can .

TVBS said she’s sorry for what she said and that she’ll be reprimanded. She’ll most likely lose the anchor’s chair and go back to being a weather girl.

Weather girls not so bad I guess.

[quote=“tommy525”]

Well heck she can say what the heck she wants…cuz … she is HOT[/quote]

KMT should probably let her run in the next election. :smiley: (city council or parliament or whatever)

Come to think of it, I don’t even recall any KMT politician calling for Chen to “eat sh*t”…

Disgusting behaviour; she should be ashamed of herself. Just spectacularly unclassy and unprofessional. Fits in well with the legislators assaulting eachother culture. Why don’t people see that this sort of thing is degrading? Don’t Taiwanese people deserve better?

This is not that uncommon in broadcast news. Usually in live reports on the streets you get even more profanity sometimes when hecklers get a rise out of the reporter and the reporter thinking that they are off camera respond in kind.

Of course in a professional venue this should not have been broadcasted.

But that being said what’s her office address so that I can have some flowers sent over… :slight_smile:

Don’t people realize she didn’t mean for her personal opinion to be broadcast on live TV because her mic was live when it shouldn’t have been?

Yes, but that’s irrelevent.

If were teaching and I ‘x (student) can go and eat shit’ because I thought the staffroom door was shut and I got busted and students found out, then I’d most definitely get fired for gross misconduct. I may be entitled to that opinion, but I’m not entitled to vocalise this at my place of work. Now maybe I could say this to a colleague in the pub, or my own home where it’s fairly certain no-one would hear. But I couldn’t say 'Huh, thought the door was shut, she wasn’t supposed to hear it.

I think because the target is CSB the eat sh*t comment is appropriate.

If your student stole a few million dollars from your school and you were heard to make an off color remark that the student was “crazy and should eat shit” I think some consideration would have been given to why you would have those opinions.

CSB is not a saint or some average person who is not deserving of the animosity towards him. He basically lied and cheated the entire democratic process and court system in Taiwan for his personal gain.

He’s even decided to rat out former president LTH, who will probably run away to Japan for the rest of his natural life.

Granted the reporter who made the comment is easy on the eyes which probably also helped her from getting fired.

Well, yeah, there is the culture thing. Who’s going to get upset over a comment like that when you live in a culture where legislators throwing shoes in meeting and fighting each other are not only tolerated, even praised? Telling someone to eat shit is downright tame by comparison.

Also didn’t Jesse Jackson recently had a similar gaffe. He did say he wanted to cut Obama’s balls off when he thought his mic was off.

Hey who took off her picture?? This thread aint nuthin without her pic !! :slight_smile:

Seems her blog is closed :frowning:

[quote=“tommy525”]Hey who took off her picture?? This thread aint nuthin without her pic !! :slight_smile:

Seems her blog is closed :frowning:[/quote]

Do non-Asians really think that she’s a hot girl??? :hand:

[quote=“ABC”]

Also didn’t Jesse Jackson recently had a similar gaffe. He did say he wanted to cut Obama’s balls off when he thought his mic was off. [/quote]

At least Jackson thought Obama had balls. It’s technically impossible
to cut off someone’s balls if he had no balls to begin with. :smiley:

Jackson is black. Obama is not black.

[quote=“RedSarah”][quote=“tommy525”]Hey who took off her picture?? This thread aint nuthin without her pic !! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Well Im Hapahapa Taiwanese and maybe Iv been away too long from the Magic Island, but heck she looks good enough to eat . ( I mean MARRY , MARRY is the word I was searching for) :slight_smile:

[quote=“Buttercup”]Yes, but that’s irrelevant.

If were teaching and I ‘x (student) can go and eat shit’ because I thought the staffroom door was shut and I got busted and students found out, then I’d most definitely get fired for gross misconduct. I may be entitled to that opinion, but I’m not entitled to vocalize this at my place of work. Now maybe I could say this to a colleague in the pub, or my own home where it’s fairly certain no-one would hear. But I couldn’t say 'Huh, thought the door was shut, she wasn’t supposed to hear it.[/quote]

That is most enlightening.

RedSarah, aren’t you American now?

She would’ve been fine if she had spoken in MingNan dialect.

Recall that foreign minister of CSB administration. Saying in public that Singapore “fondles the testicles of China”, in MingNan street words. The whole pan-green defended him. Claiming that it is a very common usage in their language, spoken by every one as part of the culture, just like the three character “F’ck Yr Mother” slang.

[quote=“Poagao”]

RedSarah, aren’t you American now?[/quote]

???

That doesn’t mean I have to stop making sarcastic comments about idiotic political news
from Taiwan, Israel, and Norway. (the three other citizenships which I still retain, after
beocoming an American recently) :smiley:

Or does it? :noway:

[quote=“RedSarah”][quote=“Poagao”]

RedSarah, aren’t you American now?[/quote]

???

That doesn’t mean I have to stop making sarcastic comments about idiotic political news
from Taiwan, Israel, and Norway. (the three other citizenships which I still retain, after
beocoming an American recently) :smiley:

Or does it? :noway:[/quote]

Nope, just wondering. Far be it from me to make any kind of comment on your extensive passport collection. As for this “sarcasm” business, I’m afraid I’m going to have to bow out as I am apparently in over my head. Have fun.

[quote=“RedSarah”][quote=“tommy525”]Hey who took off her picture?? This thread aint nuthin without her pic !! :slight_smile:

[/quote]
This non-Asian would describe her as an attractive girl, for sure. Why do you ask? Do Asian girls think she’s ugly? Do Asian men think she’s ugly, for that matter?
Are you therefore trying to tell me her Asian male boss gave her a TV job purely on the strength of her academic qualifications? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: