Taiwan and Chinese media sharing resources over trips

ettoday.com/2005/05/09/11195-1788295.htm

Whatever party you don’t vote for, it’s interesting how Taiwan and Chinese TV crews are learning to get along on these trips. Who would have ever guessed? Maybe this is another way to bridge the strait and make peace not war…

read the story online here

When James Soong paid a visit to Hunan, ETTV of Taiwan not only received exclusive footage from local media but also worked with Hunan ETV, thus marking the first time a Taiwan news media has collaborated with a Chinese news outlet.

don’t quote me on this, but i even heard some taiwanese were marrying mainlanders!!! seriously!! Maybe this is another way to bridge the strait and make peace not war…

Yeah it happens, but why do you assume it makes people give up their ideals. When the British colonists became Americans and married Britians that came later, did they automatically give up their ideals anyway? Well the war of 1812 showed not I believe.

Considering that KMT tried to sell the failing CTV to a group of Chinese investors, why does this joint propaganda exercise come as any surprise?