Taiwan and the Single Girl

I went someplace for lunch today. It was pretty good. There was salad with ceasar salad dressing, not enough croutons so I asked if I could have more croutons. Then there was fish. I think it was steamed but it may have been baked. It had pesto sauce on it. Also, I had garlic bread. No desert because I am on a diet. Then we went to another place for afternoon tea and talked about how fashion, and talk of fashion: decor, architecture etc is replacing babies and family as the core of people’s lives. Nobody knew anybody else and at the table next to us a young woman took pictures of herself while her boyfriend looked on as if from a great emptiness.

You just made the quote of quotables. :laughing:

Was it a clean, well-lighted place?

Not really. It was clean enough but the lights were orange and mounted in the floor. It was strange sitting there in the window of the place with the orange lights radiating up like that, and I wondered if I was playing my part, distiguished foreign gentleman, bit of a rake, accomapanying the others (all women) who were seated much like me, manequins in the window, an add for the new gauche asthetic, whatever that means.

Bob, don’t tell us you missed that obvious literary reference. Especially in light of how you sometimes write. Please, don’t tell us that.

If it will help me open my new restaurant: “Botomless bob’s breakfast and brunch” I’m all for it. I am aware how sophisticated we’ve all become and would hate to disapoint, etc.

If its bottomless, ill be there daily :smiley:

If its bottomless, ill be there daily :smiley:[/quote]
Does it mean that bob will be serving breakfast with no trousers on?

Oh please, this same phenomenon hit the states how many years ago? The funny thing about ‘educated’ people like this ‘queen’ is that they are not necessarily any more intelligent or entitled to a ‘privileged single-life power-career, blah, blah, blah’ than a bum on the street, they just think they are. It all comes out in the wash.

Funk: The concept is too have a whole stable of bobs, bob bob bobbing around the place as an eager distraction to the bored young sophisticate of Taipei. A little something to rouse them from their ennui, moisten the glands, improve the circulation etc. It’s a brave new concept and a real money maker I bet.

Bob, this is a great aloof style, sets the scene perfectly.

I think this is just another step in the struggle to find modern identities (male and female) that citizens of all e-societies are going through - everything is beautifully and conveniently vacuous.

I would recommend Queen gets a hobby~!

I would recommend they all get a hobby. Hence, bottomless bob’s. Or maybe we could organise river tours. Heck I dunno, but they are all sitting around getting fat, that’s for certain.

I need to find me one of these. Older, independent, financially-stable, “single” women? Sounds like fun to me!

[quote=“abhapa”]I need to find me one of these. Older, independent, financially-stable, “single” women? Sounds like fun to me![/quote]I wouldn’t really rate them as financially stable nor independent. Most live at home or with family and tend to go out in groups. Then there is the history part of the equation…