Taiwan banks that let you open US dollar accounts

Does anyone know any banks in Kaohsiung that lets you open a US dollars bank account without any charges?

Also, does anyone know if there is a charge for depositing a check in US dollars into a US dollars bank account in Taiwan?

I thought most all the banks had US$ accounts, but if you deposit a check drawn on a non-Taiwan bank, you’re probably gonna get nailed with fees.

They should all have them.
Go to Chinatrust, Taishin, Fubon, E.Sun, or Sinopac just to name a few of the private banks, which are a dime a dozen on any street in a big city.
Walk in and just ask.
Should be able to hold multiple currencies in the same account.

2 places ive been to allow opening a US bank account, but “charges” a fee to deposit. looking for one that doesnt charge to deposit.

Try BOT, Bank Of Taiwan …

bot.com.tw/english/Pages/default.aspx

Last time I checked with BOT, I think they take weeks to process USD checks.

They will take even longer with non-USD foreign checks

Kevin

[quote=“kevinsang01212”]Last time I checked with BOT, I think they take weeks to process USD checks.

They will take even longer with non-USD foreign checks

Kevin[/quote]

Yeah, they have to send it to the US to be verified … no wonder is it?

they are not really US dollars accounts.

Say, if you deposit 100 USD first and withdraw it later, you probably get 99 back only since they convert your money back and forth between USD and NTD.

Not to mention depositing USD or EUR check, I probably have paid NTD 10000 on handling fees every year.

As a freelance, it’s OK to pay USD 20 or EUR 40 (overseas bank) and around 7~10 USD to Taiwanese bank for the check of 1000. But it’s really frustrated if monthly income down to 200.