Taiwan Beach Hotels

We want to get away over the Dragon boat long weekend and stay at a beach here in Taiwan.

I though of Kenting first of course but my friends down there say that there will a huge techno party that weekend and everything is booked. (plus last time we went down there during a party it was exactly family friendly)

So where else in Taiwan can we stay at a hotel on the beach? Taidong and Hualien have any beach resorts? I checked on line but can’t find much.

Penghu? Last time I stayed there I was camping and this time we’ve got kids so we’d like somewhere clean and convienent.

Thanks,

tour-hualien.hl.gov.tw/index.jsp … &subject=2
I prefer the Hualian.

hl-hotel.com.tw/
You can try this for Hualian hotel.

Right but I’m really looking for a beach resort. We’re looking forward to Penghu if we can find a good hotel.

Umm, that Stone Lion Museum near that surfing beach along from Fulong. . . Daxi? - Crikey, my memory. Muzha Man knows it, erh, but he’s away. So did siomeone else.

HG

greenbay.howard-hotels.com/

I booked a room there once.
It is not easy during the summer vacation.

I haven’t stayed here but this place looks good,

Penghu Hotel Sunrise B&B
Sunrise Bed & Breakfast is run by Jan Hou and Sylvia Lyu. Our B&B is located in Guoyeh Village, Huhsi Township on the main island of the Penghu archipelagoes. Guoyeh is a quiet fishing village just five minutes’ drive from the airport and 15 minutes’ drive from Makung City. Guoyeh has always been renowned for its spectacular sunrise from the sea. That is why our B&B is named Sunrise.
home.pchome.com.tw/travel/jan_hou/english.html
mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/jan_hou
+886-6-992-0818, +886-956-065-509

[quote=“piwackit”]We want to get away over the Dragon boat long weekend and stay at a beach here in Taiwan.

I though of Kending first of course but my friends down there say that there will a huge techno party that weekend and everything is booked. (plus last time we went down there during a party it was exactly family friendly)

So where else in Taiwan can we stay at a hotel on the beach? Taidong and Hualian have any beach resorts? I checked on line but can’t find much.

Penghu? Last time I stayed there I was camping and this time we’ve got kids so we’d like somewhere clean and convienent.

Thanks,[/quote]

HOward plaza has a very nice hotel right at GREEN BAY in Wanli. ITs close to Taipei and its great. There is a nice beach. There is a castle with an indoor pool, gym, jacuzzi. and many nice restaurants. There is a parking charge when you drive in thats refundable or usable . Its great , I was there many times, and its right near Taipei. Enquire at HOward Plaza hotel. ASk about theIR GREEN BAY resort in Wanli. They also have a very nice resort next to caesars palace in kenting.

I have stayed at the Howard Green bay before and will probably do so again but it’s only 30 mins from my house, I’d like to get a little farther out of town!

I find all of the Howard hotels shabby and run down plus the beach in Green Bay is filthy! Seriously garbage everywhere maybe they’ll clean it up more during tourist season.

That hotel in PengHu looks nice maybe we will go there one weekend.

This time we have given up the beach and are headed for Hualien to the Parkview Hotel

parkview-hotel.com/pv_hotel_e/pv_4-1_e.htm

The Parkview’s good. I’ve stayed there a few times, and always look forward to going back again. It has nice grounds and a good big pool, and I’m sure you and the kids will have a great time there.

[quote=“piwackit”]I have stayed at the Howard Green bay before and will probably do so again but it’s only 30 mins from my house, I’d like to get a little farther out of town!

I find all of the Howard hotels shabby and run down plus the beach in Green Bay is filthy! Seriously garbage everywhere maybe they’ll clean it up more during tourist season.

That hotel in PengHu looks nice maybe we will go there one weekend.

This time we have given up the beach and are headed for Hualian to the Parkview Hotel

parkview-hotel.com/pv_hotel_e/pv_4-1_e.htm[/quote]

things have changed i guess. was very nice 7 years ago :frowning:

It seems that most of the Howards have fallen on hard times. I’m really surprised that they aren’t more popular and that there aren’t more nice hotels outside of Taipei and Kenting.