Taiwan beaches / sewage

I think I got about 60% to 70% off. Weekdays. Noisy tour busload came in after dark one night and left after breakfast, early, the next day. They barely saw the place in daylight. :ponder: :ponder:

Excellent. May stay there on my next bike trip.

hulu.com/watch/84745/on-surfari-taiwan

surfari Taiwan

[quote=“nachoman35”]http://www.hulu.com/watch/84745/on-surfari-taiwan

surfari Taiwan[/quote]

cool video. btw, i dont think they make sandals, radios and backscrubbers in taiwan anymore for decades now. they all made in china now.

Is “water edge” an English word? Should be. At least in Taiwan it could replace “beach”.

[quote=“monkey”]Anyone have info (prefer figures to anecdotal evidence) on the cleanliness of Taiwan’s beaches? I went to Kending a few months ago and was pretty shocked to see raw sewage flowing onto the beach behind the hotel strip on Kending Rd. The stink of piss was unbelievable because there wasn’t even a pipe to take it out to sea - the stuff just collected in a big lake in the sand and presumably filtered out to sea slowly. Does everyone’s turds just end up floating in the water among the swimmers?

It begs the question - are there beaches in Taiwan safe to swim at?[/quote]

I’ve seen it too recently…not good. They need to clean up their act down there…we should get some pictures and get a website going, embarrass them into action.

No. Those with sand are full of shit, and those without are full of rocks and surf. I still swim here though and aside from some weird green thing protruding from my left ankle, I’m fine.

No. Those with sand are full of shit, and those without are full of rocks and surf. I still swim here though and aside from some weird green thing protruding from my left ankle, I’m fine.[/quote]

well you know what they say: you are what you swim in. :laughing:

Can someone tell me about the water safety/quality in the beaches around Hsinchu (Junan)?

The beach looks really good (wide, soft sand etc…) but I am concerned about the water quality.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]Can someone tell me about the water safety/quality in the beaches around Hsinchu (Junan)?

The beach looks really good (wide, soft sand etc…) but I am concerned about the water quality.[/quote]

good question Dropmeister…any responses?

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]Can someone tell me about the water safety/quality in the beaches around Hsinchu (Junan)?

The beach looks really good (wide, soft sand etc…) but I am concerned about the water quality.[/quote]

good question Dropmeister…any responses?[/quote]

errr…i thought the consensus from everyone here is that the water quality is poor?