Taiwan Beer set to invade China, USA and CAnada

Look out ! Here comes TAIWAN BEER :slight_smile:

taipeitimes.com/News/biz/arc ā€¦ 2003385338

Taiwan Beerā€™s too strong to sell in China. It might be a goer once they water it down to 3% and add some sugar. (Why sell 8 bottles when you can sell 12?)

I thought Taiwan Beer couldnā€™t be sold in China cos of its name.

Actually that article only says their office will be in China, not that theyā€™re actually selling beer there.

Maybe they will use the China Airlines thingy and call it CHINA BEER?

And they can use the american style canned beer and put that in the big brown bottles if the regular brown bottle beer really is too strong . Although I find that hard to believe because Tsingtao is pretty strong isnt it?

Why do we need to ā€œlook outā€? Because its crap?

Taiwan beer used to be sold in 12 oz. bottles in Pittsburgh back in the early 90s.

Maybe they should call it Chinese Taipei Beer

Canā€™t speak for the PRC or PRCanada marketā€¦but its a crowded beer market in the USA. Thereā€™s a LOT of really good beer available.

Niche marketing may work to some extent;but I doubt if there are enough transplanted Taiwanese and former ā€˜engrish teechursā€™ to support Taiwan Beer for very long.

Also, beer just doesnā€™t really travel well. Fresh Beer is Good Beer!

Having said that, I like Taiwan beer and will continue to support it here on the island.

???

[quote]ā€¦but its a crowded beer market in the USA. Thereā€™s a LOT of really good beer available.

Niche marketing may work to some extent ā€¦ Also, beer just doesnā€™t really travel well. Fresh Beer is Good Beer!

[/quote]

same thing up north. there are over 100 kinds of beer in most BC liquor stores, and many more available in the specialty shops. as well, itā€™ll sell at a premium as an import - i canā€™t see many people paying a premium price for it. the only one that could stand a chance in the old draft (can anyone find it for sale outside of a few restaurants now?), but that would expire before making it across the ocean.

That would be illegal as well.

That would be illegal as well.[/quote]

Why? Would they have to pay those grubs at the IOC royalties? :laughing:

Does anyone know where you can find Taiwan Beer in USA? Preferably near Portland, Ore.?

You can get Taiwan Beer at the 99 Ranch in Richmond, California.

Carefour, that evil french retailer, sells Taiwan Beer here in Shanghai.

Origianl strenght tooā€¦none of that 2-3% beer flavoured water.

When I lived in HB I shopped at the 99 Ranch store quite frequently. Good place, good prices, good selection of somewhat hard to find Asian products, fresh vegetables and an outstanding real butcher shop meat department. With a lot of hard-to-find meat itemsā€¦heh heh heh.

Mostly the one in Little Saigon (Westminster)

It makes good sense to see theyā€™ve picked up Taiwan Beer. This was also the only place I could regularly find Bau Mi Bau Beer ā€œ33ā€.
It used to be available via a French brewery in a suburb of Paris that was owned by Heineken. Now its coming in direct from Viet Nam.

Good market, IMO.