Taiwan Bloopers

That wasn’t at the Q bar was it? Some foreign chappy made that mistake to my then missus while I was playing pool there once. She could scarcely contain herself.

HG

That wasn’t at the Q bar was it? Some foreign chappy made that mistake to my then missus while I was playing pool there once. She could scarcely contain herself.

HG[/quote]
And no wonder! “My that’s a nice helmet you have there, my dear.”

A lovely French friend of mine, while still pretty new at speaking Chinese, was asked by her boss’s wife if she had a Taiwanese boyfriend.

She said no. She meant to add that they don’t look at her, but she pronounced kan as gan. :blush: The wife was very shocked to hear that Taiwanese boys won’t fuck the lovely French lady. :laughing:

I used to drive from Taipei to Taichung once a week. I’d get home home and my wife would ask if I’d eaten anything. No was usually the answer. She’d ask why, in San Yi, the halfway point where I stopped to hit the bathroom, I’d didn’t get a bian dang from one of the ladies on the side of the road.

Because they’re always shaking the box at the cars going by, I said, and I don’t wanna get the box with the food all mixed up and cold.

It never occured to me that the boxes they were shaking were empty.

:smiley:

I don’t get it. Why would you buy an empty lunchbox?

When I first got here I accidently bought bleach instead of detergent. Needless to say I ruined many of my clothes.

Actually, that sounds like a great way to lose these unsightly kilos that have sprung out of my washboard abs ever since I quit smoking.

Once, I told a saleslady that her $80NT sunglasses were too expensive. (I thought she had said $800NT.)

I know…lame…but it’s all I could truthfully think of.

Oh shit! I misread the fuck up. What the foreign chappy seemed to be trying to say when she rejected his initial advances was, “Hey, wo meiyou shenme yinmou” (“Hey, I don’t have any hidden agenda”), but what he said was “wo meiyou shenme yinmao” (“I don’t have any pubes”).

It could have been a well rehearsed line.

HG

It’s one that has served me well many’s the time. You’d be surprised at what rings some people’s bells.

Are you…mocking me??

:raspberry:

When I first got here I accidently bought bleach instead of detergent. Needless to say I ruined many of my clothes.

You just said that.

Well then I guess that would be another.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]When I first got here I accidently bought bleach instead of detergent. Needless to say I ruined many of my clothes.[/quote]I hear ya! Though it was after being here for almost four years that I foolishly mistook the bleach for detergent and ruined ALL my work clothes! The most embarrassing part was how I somehow managed to blame my TW boyfriend for 'leaving it by the washing machine" and he apologized and gave me money for more clothes! I’m going red even thinking about it! Shocking behaviour! :blush:

Haha. My boyfriend washes and ruins my clothes and I don’t even make him pay for them.

One I did on purpose to a friend: Instead of asking fo paigu fan(pork steak and rice), I told him, in his limited Mandarin, to ask for pigu fen (butt poop). The lady just stood there for a minute with a blank stare on her face unti I started laughing. Of course my friend wasn’t laughing. :smiley:

I fell for that one, too.