Taiwan cell phone compatible USA phone service

I am in USA for two months (if you read my post about my international license you know that!) I have purchased ZenFone 8 recently. However I cannot purchase cell phone service compatible with my phone. Have gone to Best Buy stores and nothing available. My wife has HTC and managed to find one cell phone service. As a result I have resorted to buying flip type phone with a temporary number. Has anyone else had this experience of finding it difficult or not being able to find any cell service for your Taiwan phone? Any suggestions on what to do?

A few here (below) that you can use. Also you can go to a specific carrier’s website and type in the phone’s IEMI # (usually in About Device in Settings).

Try MintMobile (the cheapest) or some of the pay-as-you-go (monthly) SIM cards at Walmart.

1 Like

Not helpful this time, but maybe next time.

I always buy a SIM card in Taiwan that works as soon as I land.

None of those were available at Best Buy. One of the stores said that it was because of supply shortage. The shelves were somewhat bare. Walmart you cannot get anyone that has knowledge of these things.

Best Buy sucks for SIM cards. Walmart typically has the most to choose from.
It’s hit or miss with Walmart in their tech department.
Just visit one, look at the options, and then go to those providers’ websites, where you should be able to check your IMEI to see if it matches, or call up their 1-800 #.

Google Fi will apparently work, at least according to quick google and a Reddit post. Just download the app and enter your info and they will either mail you a sim card or if you have esim you will be able to download one.

I have a Pixel 6 Pro got Google Fi when I was in America this summer and I have nothing bad to say about it. I had fast service where I lived and didn’t encounter any spots with no service.