Taiwan Chinese Academy

Hello all, Taiwan Chinese Academy is a new Mandarin language school in Taipei City opening on September 14.

If you are looking for professional Mandarin training then feel free to visit our website tcamandarin.com to see if we are the right fit for you.

Or you can ask us a question right here on the forum.

謝謝。

Our group classes are only 6 students max.
We can teach from Begginer level to Advanced level.
Located by MRT Taipower Building Station Exit 2.
That is right in the middle of Shida Night Market and Gongguan.

That sounds great. Do you mind letting us know something about how you teach Chinese and why that makes it professional?

Thank you for the questions. Our teachers encourage students to use as little English as possible during class and learn by speaking Chinese as much as they can. Along with popular textbooks we will also teach daily conversations and makes things interesting for students by teaching Chinese about their interests.

What makes us profressional is that we have a dedicated school for Chinese classes. Our school has four classrooms that can have up to 22 students at a time. Three classrooms can have six students and one classroom can only have four.

However, the most important part is that our teachers are experienced with teaching Chinese as a second language.

Please ask more questions if you have any!

We are now offering night classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Work in the day and learn Chinese at night. If you are busy in the day then this could be the perfect part-time schedule for you!

Start learning Chinese after Chinese New Year at TCA:

New classes starting Monday, February 22.

Regular (2hr):

Beginner 1: “A Course in Contemporary Chinese Textbook 1”
Morning Schedule from 9:00AM - 11:00AM. Monday - Friday

Beginner 2: “A Course in Contemporary Chinese Textbook 2”
Morning Schedule from 9:00AM - 11:00AM. Monday - Friday

tcamandarin.com/regular-course/

Beginner 1: “A Course in Contemporary Chinese Textbook 1”
Night Schedule from 7:00PM - 9:00PM. Monday - Thursday. Tuesday & Thursday
We also have ongoing classes at the Mid-Beginner 1 level for night classes available for students to join.

tcamandarin.com/night-course/

Intensive (3hr):

Beginner 1: Morning Schedule for 9:00AM - 12:00PM. Monday - Friday.
Beginner 1: Afternoon Schedule for 1:00PM - 4:00PM. Monday - Friday.

Mid - Intermediate 1: Morning Schedule for 9:00AM - 12:00PM. Monday - Friday.

Friends can also start a new class together at any level.

Special 2016 Chinese New Year price! Group classes of 4 - 6 NT$220/hour per person.

I had a free trial here, I don’t know if there is any difference between the trial and the actual class but I found my trial class to be completely unprofessional, my teacher showed up late and admitted that she only heard about the class 10 minutes prior to me starting (I booked my trial 2 days prior to arriving).
Once my class started it was mostly in English which frustrated me as I thought I already had enough Chinese to complete the lesson without using English, having previously studied for 3 years in the States and 6 months whilst living in Beijing. After my free trial and an embarrassing hard sell from a fellow American dude working at the school I decided not to enroll, the school was small and I could only see 2 or 3 classrooms and same amount of students floating about. Maybe I missed something. Instead I decided to enroll in NTNU’s 3 months term. It was ok and all in all I think I made the best decision.

Dear Forumosans,

Hello, I am Andy, the founder of TCA. I opened TCA to give the best place to learn Chinese for our students. I still have a lot to learn about running the school, but every step of the way I have put the learning experience first. Being a new school, we’ve surely made mistakes, but none like the above.

First, we never had a teacher who learned about class only 10 minutes prior. I don’t know of any summoning magic available to bring in a teacher that fast without notice. In fact, I experience the exact opposite since we only hire highly qualified teachers. It is super hard to find highly qualified teachers and you definitely won’t find them 10 minutes before class starts.

Second, we do not hard sell. Actually, we also do the opposite in this case. Our current students have the option of paying us week by week and can leave at any time unlike many other schools that makes you pay for months at a time. Our students come back week after week because they receive high quality Mandarin instruction from TCA.

I have been here from 9am to 9pm every Monday-Thursday and until 5pm on Fridays and there has never been a person who visited us that fits FWill’s experience of my school.

Sincerely,

Andy

1 Like

Learn Chinese in the Summer at Taiwan Chinese Academy! New term starting June 20.

Get more value for your time and money! Taiwan Chinese Academy puts the quality of language instruction as the number one priority. Classes are small group sizes of no more than 6 so you can get the attention you need during class. Teachers are all experienced and have taught students beyond the beginner 1 level.

Starting June 20, 2016:
All classes are Regular courses from Monday – Thursday, 8 hours a week. Students can register for 1 month, 2 months, or 3 months.

Morning Classes:
Beginner 1, Starting with Pinyin, A Course in Contemporary Chinese Textbook 1, 9:00am-11:00am.
Beginner 2, A Course in Contemporary Chinese Textbook 2, 9:00am-11:00am.
Intermediate 1, Practical Audio-Visual Chinese Textbook 3, 9:00am-11:00am.

Noon Classes:
Beginner 1, Starting with Pinyin, A Course in Contemporary Chinese Textbook 1, 11:15am-1:15pm.
Beginner 2, A Course in Contemporary Chinese Textbook 2, 11:15am-1:15pm.
Intermediate 1, Practical Audio-Visual Chinese Textbook 3, 11:15am-1:15pm.

Apply and make your deposit by May 31st to qualify for our Early Bird Special of NT$1000 off of your total tuition.

Click on the follow link for more information: tcamandarin.com/blog/learn- … mmer-2016/

Thank you!

Andy from Taiwan Chinese Academy, tcamandarin.com