Taiwan Chocolate Wins International Gold

I have passed her shop in Taipei off Anhe Lu a few times, saw exquisite looking sweets, and never see anybody inside and wonder how they survive.

I’m going ASAP.

Q sweet 精品甜點

4 Likes

Two fantastic restaurants on the same block. So have dinner and then get some chocolate.

3 Likes

Looks good. Too bad they’re closed on my two days off.

With the dried pineapple again.

Reality is most is imported beans still. that’s not a bad thing, but I have been greatly disappointed about the misinformationaand storytelling going on in the cacao marketing realm about local when the bulk is imported. The processing is decent, but outrageously expensive and very much uninformed about actual bean biology and chemistry. Currently, it actually makes me very disappointed.

To double check the source, anyone can ask their supplier what variety they produce. If their answer is a color, nuff said. Also the real reason most chocolate here uses beans from either africa or the americas. they are far more professional.

The product doesnt justify the price in my opinion. Just another typical middle man government grant situation which takes an ok product and markets it into something it still is not :frowning: Which is a missed opportunity. Easily, proper varieties and diligence can be accomplished with our climate. Rather they go more the TCM model of red is glued, green is green. Which is odd considering how professional Taiwan is in other similar industries such as tea.