Taiwan Conspiracy Theories; the formula

[quote=“cctang”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]
Gee…the gratuitous American bashing…how predictable…and droll…hoo hummm… :unamused:[/quote]Now that’s hardly fair. I listed facts that’ve been validated by objective surveys; didn’t even need to rely on personal anecdotes. (Disclaimer: the cow anal probe thing was a bit of an exaggeration. No one’s really sure what orifice they probed.)

My point was really pretty simple. There are folks in every society who hold, shall we say, “quaint” beliefs that are not validated by science or logical analysis.[/quote]

Feels a little different when the shoe’s on the other foot, doesn’t it. Tainan Cowboy is one of the worst offeners when it comes to pretending that horrible facts about America aren’t true. But he’s no worse than a lot of the pro-Blue supporters who regularly post on this site.

[quote]He said that the Taiwanese can’t reason inductively or deductively. [/quote]’

Yeah, he did.

That’s right.

That’s true too.

Funny, isn’t it? I think so.

HG

Seems that he wasn’t being that sarcastic afterall…

…and no – I don’t think it’s funny.

[quote=“zarathustra”][quote=“cctang”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]
Gee…the gratuitous American bashing…how predictable…and droll…hoo hummm… :unamused:[/quote]Now that’s hardly fair. I listed facts that’ve been validated by objective surveys; didn’t even need to rely on personal anecdotes. (Disclaimer: the cow anal probe thing was a bit of an exaggeration. No one’s really sure what orifice they probed.)

My point was really pretty simple. There are folks in every society who hold, shall we say, “quaint” beliefs that are not validated by science or logical analysis.[/quote]Feels a little different when the shoe’s on the other foot, doesn’t it. Taiwnan Cowboy is one of the worst offensive when it comes to pretending that horrible facts about America aren’t true. But he’s no worse than a lot of the pro-Blue supporters who regularly post on this site.[/quote]zarathustra -[quote]Taiwnan Cowboy is one of the worst offensive when it comes to pretending that horrible facts about America aren’t true. But he’s no worse than a lot of the pro-Blue supporters who regularly post on this site.[/quote] Pretty much yapping out yer ass here bubba. Who, besides you, says I’m “pro-Blue” or “pro-Anything” ? You obviously haven’t been paying attention to my posts. And yes, I am an American. Now…Show some examples to support your stupid-ass comments.
No one will be holding their breath waiting.

Too many flashbacks from the war destroying your sense of humor. I will confess that I do not believe you are pro-Blue. In fact, this is a ridiculous thing to say. But you did stand up for the Betelnut, even though he was clearly off his rocker right from the start. And while freedom of speech may be a reasonable argument, and it’s true that the Betelnut does have a right to say what he wants here, it’s wrong to encorage misleading and uninformed pretenders.

That comment deserves a tooth.

bashing americans is probably as easy as bashing taiwanese…

brian, i do have to agree that locals have very poor (if any) thinking skills. i’d say it’s kinda alarming compared to the time they spend in school.

i’d advice anyone coming to taiwan to FIRST learn 隨便 since these two words are the ones used in 99% of situations where a local has to think…

the same can be seen in technology. i must admit there are more real innovations originating from taiwan nowadays but it stays limited compared to the size of the industry.