Taiwan Topics on CNN

Wow, are you the real Audrey Tang? In any case, welcome to our humble forum! And keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Audrey, if you are still around, there are many policies in Taiwan that treats APRC and ARC holders differently than National ID card holders.

These differences in treatment ranges from having to pay entrance fees otherwise free to National ID card holders, or not getting masks earlier on during the COVID-19 crisis.

It seems weird to have these distinctions, as ARC and APRC holders also pay taxes. They should be afforded the same benefits as other tax payers. Treating them differently, especially those with permanent residency, almost feels like discrimination.

Since ARC and APRC holders do not have the right to vote, it is incredibly easy to pretend there are no consequences by excluding them from the benefits that they deserve as tax paying members of Taiwan’s society, but it doesn’t seem right. Is there anyway this issue can be raised within the government so that ARC and APRC holders will be treated equally as other National ID card holders in the future?

• We might as well give it a try, this is as close as getting our voices heard directly by the government as possible.
4 Likes

Uhhh, yeah…this was kind of a dead giveaway:

This is the first time audreyt has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

1 Like

You can start by biting my stripey ass…

Hmmm is it really obvious?

About 3 times.
Fucking stupid white people.

1 Like

Is there a YouTube link for the CNN Taiwan digital Minister interview?

They’re watching :eyes:

:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Fareed Zakaria GPS is on now. He’s interviewing Chen Chien Jen. I’ll post a link to the interview if I can find it

When the gas pipelines blew up here, the CNN announcer reported explosions in the Taiwanese city of Kay-oh-see-ung.

2 Likes

Cringe!

I have some foreign friends here that still say it Kaoh shung. Emphasis on the K. They’ve been here a long time and never learned Chinese

1 Like