Taiwan Dreamin' : Suggestions + Comments

Hey everyone. I haven’t been on here much lately but I thought I’d post this here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6Ez-coEa8

I am in the process of making a documentary / travel series about Taiwan, called Taiwan Dreamin’. Just looking for suggestions and comments. Watch the video and you can see the intro I made in after effects as well. Thanks a bunch guys!

So far so good. My suggestion would be:

1. Tighter wide shot. You have a tv going on in the background which is distracting.
    2)Edit with visuals over your talk. “Talking heads” as it’s called in the industry are boring. For example, have about 10 sec of you on screen doing the introductions, then as you go into your discuss cutaway to what you’re talking about. You don’t even have to have video to do it, using still photos work also.
    3)What’s your compression/editing software. Your video looked like it was it was compressed for 16:9. I believe Youtube is 4:3 even though you can upload 16:9. But I could be wrong… :idunno:

I’m looking forward to what you shoot. It looks like it’s going to be interesting and fun. Good luck.

[quote=“Namahottie”]So far so good. My suggestion would be:

1. Tighter wide shot. You have a tv going on in the background which is distracting.
    2)Edit with visuals over your talk. “Talking heads” as it’s called in the industry are boring. For example, have about 10 sec of you on screen doing the introductions, then as you go into your discuss cutaway to what you’re talking about. You don’t even have to have video to do it, using still photos work also.
    3)What’s your compression/editing software. Your video looked like it was it was compressed for 16:9. I believe Youtube is 4:3 even though you can upload 16:9. But I could be wrong… :idunno:

I’m looking forward to what you shoot. It looks like it’s going to be interesting and fun. Good luck.[/quote]

Yeah, I think I made a mistake somewhere with the compression or whatever. I think the video part was proper but the after effects part was not. Well it warned me one part was NTSC and the other wasn’t. But I used my webcam for that. On the normal eppisodes I plan to use my DVD Camcorder, better quality.

Thanks for looking!

Tp 101 is no longer the ‘tallest building in the world’…but …it does have some very neat anti-EQ stuff inside which is worthy of showing and discussing.