Taiwan Drug Busts

Setting the stage for some December perp walks? Expect some sweeping piss tests at nightclubs and great headlines before the new year…

Tie-in with airport personnel somehow?

1 Like

Not to mention trying to leave the country with it likely breaks some laws in Canada.

Just like guns are legal in the US but taking any guns or ammunition out of the country is a serious Federal offense. You can export them but must apply for permission from the state department because they fall under ITAR. Just because something is legal doesn’t mean there isn’t a law against taking them to some other country. It’s an offense even in the Netherlands to take marijuana out of the EU.

It definitely does.

NOT AN ATOHA!!! Still a waiguoren, but not a big nose this time!! #notall !!!

1 Like

Pingtung county, 8.6 kg, 200 kg of raw materials, would have had a market value of up to NT$100 million (US$3.33 million).

In the US stuff like pseudofeds are basically controlled, and you have to fill out paperwork and show ID as though you’re buying a gun to get it.

They don’t do any of that here yet. And with people going to the doctors for a cold I am sure people end up with a huge surplus of the stuff.

US$50,000 per kilo? Yeah, right… That’s the same as the price of gold. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Canadians really like smuggling weed. :man_shrugging:
I feel like every other bust involves Canadians.

Well, $50 per gram. Pricey but not by orders of magnitude or anything.

Seems pretty plausible to carry large quantities of pu-er tea from Canada to Taiwan.

1 Like

Maple flavored?

That’s ten times what SWIM pays. :sunglasses:

My coworker was handing out ‘cookies’ she brought back from CAN. I don’t remember much after that. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

What is this SWIM

He should have gotten the color right, oh, Canada doesn’t produce Pu’er.

I like how it says “Taiwan nabs…” like the whole country was involved in the bust.

Taiwanese news aren’t known for their English skills…

Interesting. It actually is. Exactly $50/g.

Not really surprising people are tempted to give it a shot. The funny part is that the packets in that picture look nothing like pu’er tea (different colour, different texture). You’d think the guy would have at least made a bit of an effort. The customs guys probably felt a bit insulted :slight_smile:

Yeah. It’s a huge markup compared to gold, that’s for sure.

1 Like

His plan had a bit of a flaw.