Taiwan Drug Busts

Altogether, six people were nabbed and were found to be all without masks

AHA! THEY brung the covid! Not the old granpapa!

Scapegoat got!

2 Likes

Who needs drugs when the doctor will give you enough to knock out an elephant?
Xanax is handed out like candy.

2 Likes

Where did they suck that absurd figure out of? Ridiculous.

3 Likes

Maybe each joint was the size of a Volkswagen microbus.

5 Likes

Even then …

I have no idea what cannabis costs in Taiwan. Could someone enlighten me? It must be more expensive than gold.

It appears that the cops take the whole tree, pot and soil included, weigh it, and then use that weight to work out its worth.
Only about 5% of that weight has any retail value, though. Their calculations are a bit fucked.

3 Likes

It says “more than 13” plants. Maybe it was 500!

No you really think that Taiwan media would be saying “more than 13” if the actual figure were 500 or so? It would be more along the lines of “A plantation the size of 50 soccer fields!”

2 Likes

Okay another case of Taiwan News f***** up reporting skills.

The semi-headline specifies 13 plants.

Then down somewhere in story they say “more than”.

It’s just b******* reporting.

We really don’t know any accuracy from this new story report if it was 19 or 190 or 1900 plants or 6 people or 60 people or 600 people and if they were from Thailand or Vietnam or somewhere else.

1 Like

I seriously don’t get it. Growing cannabis is a big operation that requires shitloads of space. Are the rewards really that high to warrant the risk? It’s high-maintenance, obvious, and you’re eventually going to get busted. How are you going to move the stuff, anyway? Hang out on the dance floor at nightclubs? “Hey, dude! Need a baggie?” Deal with gangsters? Both ways you’re fucked.
Jesus. Get a job flipping burgers. It’s crap, but better than ten or so years in jail.

A lot of mules or small time producers do it out of economic necessity. Or, in some instances, of which nationality will remain unnamed :laughing: :laughing:, space-cadet backpackers think the rest of world is like undergraduate bong parties in their previous locale/home country where such growing is legal or amounts to a small wrist slap/short jail time if caught growing larger amounts.

1 Like

Come’ on. I’m going to say you know better than most of that if you think about it.

• It’s Taiwanese running the operation.

• The Thai migrant workers get caught and go to jail.

• The local police accidentally or on-purpose let it get exposed who knows, (anyway getting some coffee money from the Taiwan people running all the other marijuana farms in the area).

Everyone wins.

Are the little local Taiwan police going to arrest the Taiwanese that hired the Thai people to run it? Not this time, unless they get called on it by someone.

The local police there are… Still small town efficient.

4 Likes

Not everyone wants to become catatonic to escape their life. Some people just wanna catch a cool buzz.

1 Like

Weed must be more expensive than meth, cocaine, and heroin in Taiwan.

I have heard that it’s not cheap, but my understanding is that all drugs in Taiwan are insanely expensive due to the associated penalties for distribution.

I love when Taiwan’s drug busters claim a street value of 100x more than the street value it would have been in the US before it was legal in half the states. Certainly not fuelling any hysteria or anything.

I have heard that drugs in Taiwan are extremely cheap and easy to access.

It’s not 100 rich people buying drugs. It’s 1,000,000+ people buying cheap drugs

I’d guess 100,000. More once in a long while or something.

1 Like

How many of the ‘cracked’ cases were actually tip-offs I wonder?

Would be interesting to get a more comprehensive breakdown…nationality, age, education, occupation, and other indicators.

1 Like