Taiwan Drug Busts

Well, this is a nice place to post randomly on a derailed thread:

At the risk of sounding like half a fairy, I legitimately like to go to clubs to do three things:
1.) to dance to music that I like (one club an electrolatino DJ now, so I go there, and the World Cup has meant that Latin clubs have reduced to public television booths);
2.) to laugh at people who do goofy or stupid shit; and
3.) to get laid by passable chicks who show initial attraction and will dance with me upon invitation and without hesitation.

As a regular weekend “clubber” in Asia and the US, I can pretty safely say that few other people have these objectives, and thanks to (2), am able to acquire a sort of encyclopedic knowledge of things that every club-goer of every major type does.

For Taiwanese men, the game plan will include at least one of the following:
1.) to pretend to be hood/street/ghetto/black/urban,
2.) to perform mass frotteurism against women and each other,
3.) to drink too much and pass out in the club,
4.) to feed attention whores (the failure of these Sinophones to recognize attention whores is practically Whorfian [unless ironlady or Hokwongwei want to provide an adequate translation for the equivalent]).
5.) to solicit adulation and encouragement from whites and blacks, or
6.) to stay with their social circles at their booths, cock-blocking on behalf of their female company.

For Taiwanese women, the game plan will include at least one of the following:
1.) to pretend to be fashion models (a five in makeup and a pushup bra does not a fashion model make),
2.) to jump up and down on the dance floor while facing each other and holding each others’ shoulders, to invite mass frotteurism,
3.) to drink too much and pass out in the club,
4.) to dance on stage for attention or red envelopes (where bustiest one to strip down first wins the prize),
5.) to solicit adulation any encouragement from Taiwanese men who pretend to be hood/street/ghetto/black/urban.
6.) to stay with their social circles at their booths, cock-blocking on behalf of their female company.

Now, if drugs have any way of amplifying these Taiwanese behaviors to my enjoyment of my (2), or or reducing these behaviors to my enjoyment of my (1) and (3), I will be happy in ether case; and I think that the police should keep this in mind when considering how strongly they should enforce anti-drug policy.

Opium bums dreaming opium dreams, move over:
Replaced by heroine junkies.

LSD freaks, get out of the way:
Superseded by amphetamine addicts.

Cannabis smokers, don’t stand in the road:
Make way for the Ketamine corpses.

Such is the wealth of Taiwan’s economy,
And a poverty of culture.

Today’s youth has a simple choice:
Take a pill that makes you stay awake; then one that makes you sleep.

Authorities like this simple: Control

Seems like the police is on their a** these days!

I was at Luxy saturday: police showed up and shut down the party for one hour, doing nothing but occupying the dance floor and pretending to check some IDs (they checked like 5 guys at most…).
I was back at Luxy yesterday, and when we got there at 1am, the police was already “on duty” and we had to wait outside for 30 minutes (until they left).

Now, is it a simple coincidence or they show up every single day the club is opened?!

Election year.

I don’t know, but it’s only the beginning of the week and you’ve already spend 2 nights there!

I don’t know, but it’s only the beginning of the week and you’ve already spend 2 nights there![/quote]
Thanks grandma, but the week doesn’t start on Saturday where I come from :unamused:

Relax, man. It was a joke, not an insult.
Jesus, you should get out more.

Relax, man. It was a joke, not an insult.
Jesus, you should get out more.[/quote]

He does. Twice on weekdays, at least. :sunglasses:

Everybody knows Monday is the new Friday.

[quote=“double-g”]Seems like the police is on their a** these days!

I was at Luxy saturday: police showed up and shut down the party for one hour, doing nothing but occupying the dance floor and pretending to check some IDs (they checked like 5 guys at most…).
I was back at Luxy yesterday, and when we got there at 1am, the police was already “on duty” and we had to wait outside for 30 minutes (until they left).

Now, is it a simple coincidence or they show up every single day the club is opened?![/quote]

The Luxy crew isn’t handling their business. They have pissed someone off and now they are getting mafan’d like a mafakker.

Anyone know what clubs were raided?

Taipei police seize 65.51 kg drugs in raids on night clubs, pubs
2016/07/06 15:39:40

Taipei, July 6 (CNA) Taipei police have seized 65.51 kilograms of drugs during a series of raids on nightclubs and pubs around the capital city of Taiwan over the past three days, the Taipei Police Department said Wednesday.

From July 4-6, police cracked 175 cases of drug use and selling, and arrested 188 suspects during the massive raids, according to the department.

Various drugs were discovered, including ketamine, heroin and the so-called “black devil” in Chinese, which is an emerging cocktail drug mixed with class-2 and class-3 narcotics under the Narcotics Hazard Prevention Act, according to the police department.

Police said black devil is highly toxic, with users becoming “extremely excited” after using it. In an overdose case, the user will develop symptoms of spasm and shock, and it could possibly prove fatal, police said.

With the approach of the long school summer break, measures will be reinforced to fight against drugs, the city police department said.

[quote=“tango42”]Anyone know what clubs were raided?

Taipei police seize 65.51 kg drugs in raids on night clubs, pubs
2016/07/06 15:39:40

Taipei, July 6 (CNA) Taipei police have seized 65.51 kilograms of drugs during a series of raids on nightclubs and pubs around the capital city of Taiwan over the past three days, the Taipei Police Department said Wednesday.

From July 4-6, police cracked 175 cases of drug use and selling, and arrested 188 suspects during the massive raids, according to the department.

Various drugs were discovered, including ketamine, heroin and the so-called “black devil” in Chinese, which is an emerging cocktail drug mixed with class-2 and class-3 narcotics under the Narcotics Hazard Prevention Act, according to the police department.

Police said black devil is highly toxic, with users becoming “extremely excited” after using it. In an overdose case, the user will develop symptoms of spasm and shock, and it could possibly prove fatal, police said.

With the approach of the long school summer break, measures will be reinforced to fight against drugs, the city police department said.[/quote]

65 kgs it ain’t going to be Omni or any of those places. It’ll be more “local” places where drugs are stored on the premises.

Don’t even think of touching drugs in Taiwan. :grandpa:

No, you got that all wrong. If you touch drugs (or produce them) you are just a decent guy who has some mental issues but is a valuable member of society and Forumosa. Any criticism will be banned of course.

No, you got that all wrong. If you touch drugs (or produce them) you are just a decent guy who has some mental issues but is a valuable member of society and Forumosa. Any criticism will be banned of course.[/quote]

It takes a very special person to enjoy beating a dead corpse the way you do.

I’m excited to try this black devil shit. Always exciting when a new drug hits the streets. :stuck_out_tongue:

perhaps it’s this stuff?

primevallabs.com/black-devil/

a thermogenic stimulant, lots of caffeine but includes other plant extracts with ‘interesting’ effects, e.g. yohimbine. sounds like it would be quite nice, and I can see also why it might be mixed with narcotics (if by narcotics they mean various kinds of downers).

[quote=“urodacus”]perhaps it’s this stuff?

a thermogenic stimulant, lots of caffeine but includes other plant extracts with ‘interesting’ effects, e.g. yohimbine. sounds like it would be quite nice, and I can see also why it might be mixed with narcotics (if by narcotics they mean various kinds of downers).[/quote]

That’s looks hardcore. Yohimbe bark on its own is quite a buzz.

[quote=“urodacus”]perhaps it’s this stuff?

a thermogenic stimulant, lots of caffeine but includes other plant extracts with ‘interesting’ effects, e.g. yohimbine. sounds like it would be quite nice, and I can see also why it might be mixed with narcotics (if by narcotics they mean various kinds of downers).[/quote]
Seriously, you’re describing an illegal drug that has to be mixed with “downers”, presumably to reduce its lethality as “quite nice”? I would expect a person needs to have a lot of baggage before they seek out recreational drugs with names like “black devil”.

NT$6B of meth. US$204,360,000

Amazing.