There’s fresh fruit!

3 Likes

Breakfast is always the smallest meal

1 Like

The fruit has been really good so far

1 Like

I ate two meatballs from the soup before I took the picture sorry

4 Likes

Here is some more examples. I’m in government quarantine facility hotel at Taichung.
香富大飯店台中館

On arrival at 21:15 check in I got about the worst example of their food.

The next morning breakfast - the pancake was okay

Lunch was way worse again:

Oh btw the room is pretty nice, however the blanket is horrible and only a single pillow. Also only a single tiny towel - super thin.

The view from the big window

The big problem of course again that food ordered from outside is only delivered twice a day at 11 and 16, and it arrives always cold.

Yeah that lunch I did not touch and instead ate a nice salad from foodpanda

Plus I got 5kg of papaya, guava, starfruit and apples delivered from rt-mart for the next 7 days

Actually there are 5 meals in the facility, the afternoon meal was douhua but pretty bad so straight to the rubbish it went.
Evening I ate a second salad. And the late night dinner ended straight in rubbish bin too. Lots of sugar and starch, don’t even remember what it was.

Breakfast was a nice surprise

And dinner on day 2 also doable - the rest went to the rubbish bin and got replaced by some Michelin rated Thai food via panda.

4 Likes

Good heavens, if someone offered me chicken nuggets as sustenance after a long flight, I think I’d strangle them.

And those delivery hours are horrid, simply do not work.

For some friends care package, I spent like 200 NTD in fruits from the market -easy to eat, no knife required like guavas, apples, tangerines- and used a couple of coupons to buy snacks like paomien, Poky and crisps from the convenience store. It is really inexpensive to put together a decent snack package, can’t believe so many hotels just ain’t getting it right.

Got a pal in HK quarantine. Their menu gives them choices so mouthwatering I do not know how they make their mind up.

1 Like

Yes I luckily still had some bread with me and nuts plus I already arrived with lots of protein powder (need to get Collagen protein after cartilage surgery and wasn’t sure I can get it easily in Taiwan so took a 6 months supply – 5kg…)

But compared to others in general I would rate the food average due to the 5 servings, 1-2 will be decent. The hours are horrible for delivery as many good restaurants are closed that’s really the worst. But CP is very good compeared to most others with the big room for CNY.

And yeah I have to water bath food in boiling water to reheat. Good thing is that a buckets for washing clothes exists and a full size 1800W water boiler.

I now also connected my laptop to the TV. Problem is images is very washed out. But good enough for workout and I moved the beds to workout in front of TV …

Oh yeah forgot or mixed up. Yesterday night snack was a nice beef noodle soup. Well I dropped the noodles and only drank the soup plus the beef. But yeah the arrival food I would have gone crazy without my own supplies. Well there was a bowl of instant noodles in the room too, but I think I’m too snobby for Instant noodles. I try to eat healthy and instant noodles or McDonald’s I don’t touch.

Edit:managed to adjust the TV by reducing brightness per buttons on the side as remote only works for set top box and volume. Actually the 48 inch TV is quite good for a hotel even though older 1080P generation and no 4K.

4 Likes

I hate wasting food, which I would have considering the photos that I am seeing here, so I decided to cook on my own during the 14 days. I packed my electric stove, a couple of pans, utensils and non-perishable ingredients in a bag that I left to my friend before leaving Taiwan and that he brought to the hotel for me the day of my return. Needless to say and knowing what the reply would have been, I did not ask for the hotel’s permission to cook.

If you guys are used to camping or, like me, have a past as penniless students in Taiwan living in a taofang without a kitchen :sweat_smile: :rofl: you will find this solution quite cool, especially because it takes hours away from boredom with cooking and washing. Oh, I used the Carrefour app for fresh groceries. Most are delivered on the same day (within one-two hours). The fridge in my room was quite spacious for a hotel and a window is enough to get rid of the smell after a while.

6 Likes

I had a friend trying to bring me an electric plate with pot for cooking, wasn’t allowed to bring in. Would have been a nicer way to heat up food or cook something simple. Well I’m here only for another 75 hours…

If you eat all the food they bring you, you would really need to be a huge person with strong discipline to train away in the room.
Some more examples of food (I think they are mostly delivered by tai-shi-fu - tai168.

Another horrid example was this breakfast - ate the egg the rest went into the rubbish bin:

Dinner and late night dinner together:

Typical cheap Lunch box - chicken was okay

Highlight for many? The custard thing was actually quite nice - afternoon time:

Well some alternatives, I reheated a curry dish ordered from Nara Thai cuisine:

My highlight so far - Beijing duck and some other duck dish ordered from outside:

5 Likes

That “breakfast” is just taking the piss. I wouldn’t feed that to my dog.

1 Like