Taiwan foriegn musician's showcase/ performing association

dear all,

i wish to announce the formation of the Taiwan Foriegn Musician’s Association which will have a showcase in 228 Park (date pending). if you are a foriegn artist, you get to go on and do 3 numbers (average song length 3 to 4 minutes please).

I need the following:

1. all of you to sign up
  2. all of you to show up
  3. somebody’s PA ( decent quality, 1000 watts)

i will do the arrangements with 228 park and get my contact in TVBS going. i need all of you who wish to join this association and event to contact me at:

twrocker@aim.com or PM me

lots of love. remember: good things can come to us if we believe.

Oh Christopher? Christopher Veal??

Have you got permits for all these foreign artists, after proving their performance experience in their home countries, so they don’t get deported for this?

this is not necessary. i have checked. guys, you’re too scared of the ROC.at worst, if i have to, i’m on good terms with more than one “chilvary organization”. these gentlemen will kindly explain what we’re doing and the police will let us have our fun.

anyway, that’s not necessary. don’t need it. this is a free show, no money taken. and lots of love being shown. who would resist us? i’ve checked this out. nobody cares. in fact, “jing cha su su” was very happy to tell me how to apply.

people and things aren’t so bad. come on and join up.

Yeeaaah…let me guess, you’ve been in Taiwan betweeen 1 and 3 years now, right?

Trust us on this one…not a good idea. That little detail called the law comes back to snap at your butt when you least expect it, and believing that you as a foreigner have any connections of any use whatsoever if anyone decided to make trouble is naive to put it charitably.

it’s not connections that will make this work. if it were that bad, i wouldn’t want to do it. what makes this work is the fact that YOU WON’T GET INTO TROUBLE.^^

the cops said okay. okay means okay. are we really that wussy? people welcome our performance. there’s a stage in ren ai park in yung ho . why not do some shakespere in Chinese up there? that would be cool. kids get on the stage at ta an park sometimes with a jambox and a crummy mic and sing songs. nobody cares. they don’t have a permit.

okay, turkeys. i’ll do it and you all come and watch. hao ba?

PS: when i came here lee tung hwei was still president!

[quote=“theposter”]it’s not connections that will make this work. if it were that bad, i wouldn’t want to do it. what makes this work is the fact that YOU WON’T GET INTO TROUBLE.^^

the cops said okay. okay means okay. are we really that wussy? people welcome our performance. there’s a stage in Ren’ai park in Yonghe . why not do some shakespere in Chinese up there? that would be cool. kids get on the stage at Da’an park sometimes with a jambox and a crummy mic and sing songs. nobody cares. they don’t have a permit.

okay, turkeys. i’ll do it and you all come and watch. hao ba?

PS: when i came here lee tung hwei was still president![/quote]

Yeah, when I came to Taiwan, it was still under martial law. Really wanna get into a pissing contest there?

Truly, I should thank you. “The cops said okay, okay means okay”??? :roflmao: :roflmao: That good a laugh probably added a year to my lifespan.

it has nothing to do with being bad or not.

that first part is admittedly hilarious. if you’ve been here as long as you claim, then you’d know how far this was from truth. people here for 6 months have this drilled into them by long-timers …

this is about doing things that are not permitted under the ARC that most people on this site possess. it could very well lead to nothing, and it could lead to deportations.

do you knuckleheads wanna play or not?^^ come on! they’ll love us! let’s all go out for drinks one nght and discuss it. maybe go to Alleycat’s for some pizza.