''Taiwan girls are easy'' video from Nextmedia

Also, they should know when they disrespect women or do stupid shit, it makes life difficult for the whole foreign community because we all get painted with the same brush.

[quote=“bumclouds”]
Also, they should know when they disrespect women or do stupid shit, it makes life difficult for the whole foreign community because we all get painted with the same brush.[/quote]

If they don’t care enough not to disrespect women or do stupid shit, why would they care about the whole foreign community? :slight_smile:

There’s always gonna be morons. All you can do is be a good person yourself. Anyone who would judge you on another basis isn’t worth your time. :2cents:

It’s not black and white. It’s a large spectrum of people who don’t judge at all, right up to the extremely judgemental, with a large grayarea in between.
Last night I went to have dinner at my gf’s house, and the first thing her aunt brought up was the Turkish guy and that nasty blog post from a foreigner which being passed around.
And that auntie is actually a very nice lady. I don’t think it will suddenly make her change her opinion of foreigners, but it will have some tiny effect.

Can’t these idiot foreigners just stop fucking up so we can live in peace?

That’s not a real post, it’s obviously a fake with some tidbits of truth thrown in along with pictures of white people, you should tell people that if they mention it to you.

Plus what have you got to do with a Turkish guy in Taiwan?

The gf aunt is not nice, she’s prejudiced and needs to be put back in her place. You are the man to do that.

What’s easier, trying to convince an island with millions of people to be less prejudiced against a particular minority,
or telling our fellow big-noses to improve their game?

[quote=“bumclouds”]What’s easier, trying to convince an island with millions of people to be less prejudiced against a particular minority,
or telling our fellow big-noses to improve their game?[/quote]

Expecting that a country with western levels of education does not go suddenly racist over sensationalistic media reports is not asking too much at all. It’s expecting the very basics.

[quote=“bumclouds”]What’s easier, trying to convince an island with millions of people to be less prejudiced against a particular minority,
or telling our fellow big-noses to improve their game?[/quote]

Trying to convince an island with millions of people to be less prejudiced against a particular minority. You CAN accomplish some small steps in this direction by being a good example. Telling our fellow big-noses to improve their game, on the other hand, will accomplish nothing. :wink:

I don’t mean to sound racist, but a few local friends shared their perspective with me and judging from the terminology used in the media it is true:

土耳其人/土耳其男子 =/= 外國人

Wang Kaijie/Chris is most commonly referred to as a Turkish citizen /Turkish student / Turkish man/Turkish “kinky wolf” (no joke!). There seems to be a similar distinction as with 黑人 vs. 外國人 and while that is not right, it might as well save the reputation of your average Westerner who is in Taiwan for the long run and has family here and could definitely live without some sex story about foreigners in Apple Daily.

It’s not black and white. It’s a large spectrum of people who don’t judge at all, right up to the extremely judgemental, with a large grayarea in between.
[/quote]

Please, Sir. As a proud member of the Commonwealth of Nations you really should be spelling it as grey. I’m a tad surprised you made such a schoolboy error, to be honest.

Well the truth is Asian girls are easy targets for foreigners. It would not be difficult to sleep with 500 girls if you really set your mind to it here. There’s no shortage of girls here who will sleep with a white guy if he’s decent looking and speaks a couple chinese words to them. So I guess the lesson here with this new story of the Turkish guy is girls, don’t be the type of girl that would actually sleep with that guy. Maybe some of your friends will, but try to have more self respect then that. There’s nothing wrong with dating for several months before having sex. I guess I’m old fashion…[/quote]

I’m sure you mean well, but your statements are quite subjective (i.e. true in your mind, but certainly not universally regarded as true) and the way you express them does show a lack of tact that is likely to bother people who read them. Take that for what it’s worth. I’m just stating the truth as I see it :wink: .

On the whole I’d say that a great many Taiwanese girls past 20 years old are very much like California girls that we have here. A whole lot of them are having SEX. Yes, whether with a foreigner or a fellow Taiwanese ! And like college girls here who like their frat house parties on Thurday and Friday and Saturday nights, a LOT of TW college and college aged girls are out there looking for guys, just like the guys are out there looking for ladies !

Taiwanese college girls are no different. IF they were not out there cruising for foreigners they are out there happily being seduced by “bad boy” Taiwanese guys.

The Taiwanese guys I know have had VERY MANY Taiwanese girlfriends and other one nite stands.

Its really hypocritical to blame foreigners when those very same TW girls will likely have gone to bed just as easily with that smooth talking TW bad boy they met at the disco on Friday night.

YES< its a fact. TW ladies are out for adventure and excitement. The ones that are out in bars and pubs many times a week (the ones most foreigners meet) are the ones that are having SEX. Could be with a foreigner or a Taiwanese.

That is the one thing i loved about Taiwan. The fact that the girls are adventurous and fun.

Asian girls can and will lead you on ! You think you are seducing them, but they are actually seducing YOU.

IS it easier for westerners on average to get laid in Taiwan. Probably. But those college kids can get plenty of action at those college frat parties too.

Young girls in Taiwan are out for fun, love, affection, adventure and good times.
Taiwanese girls work hard (or at least are at the office long hours) and want to party hard. The college girls are just naive and gullible as college girls in the USA. And willing and able!

Trust me, if those girls weren’t laid by a foreigner, they would still find a way to get laid, if they are out for that. And they ARE.

Whose traditions are we talking about here? Mormons? Catholic Moldavians? The Cree First Nation? If this works for you, fine - none of my business. But I’d question the value of adhering to some nebulous concept of “tradition” if it doesn’t fit your personal values and needs (and that implies that you’re being honest with yourself about those values and needs). I agree that it’s not a good idea to just do whatever comes naturally and damn the consequences, but there’s nothing inherently virtuous about waiting six months. Most people I know would have trouble dealing with a six-month dry spell.

Well, here you’re dividing the world into “easy women” and, um, whatever the opposite is. What on earth is an “easy woman”? One who is confident about her sexuality and knows what she wants? Of my (relatively few) exes, you would have classed two of the most switched-on, intelligent, and interesting human beings I’ve ever met as “easy women”. If you’re happy with women who keep it all under wraps and under control, go for it. I’m sure there are plenty of people who genuinely prefer vanilla. And that’s fine. The problem comes when people really want rum and raisin, slathered in chocolate, but pretend they’re OK with vanilla, because that’s what “tradition” expects.

You’re kind of missing the elephant in the room: exactly the same thing applies to Taiwanese guys, who (on the average) aren’t much to look at. Also, you seem to view “caliber” in terms of physical attractiveness. I’ve met quite a few smoking-hot women here who have all the personality and charms of a spoiled two-year-old.

Lock him up for what? I’ve no idea what the story was, but unless rape, coercion or other skulduggery was involved (in which case I completely agree with you) I don’t see what the problem is. From the brief descriptions in this thread, he sounds like someone I wouldn’t want to hang out with, but I don’t have the right to decide where and how often he dips his wick.

In what way were they taken advantage of? Can anyone fill in the details here? Link? If the guy is indeed hung like King Kong, maybe it was an interesting experience. :idunno:

Exactly.

Uh, my own? I’m a grown man, I do whatever the hell I want. And why did you write a novel knowing full well you don’t know the first thing about the case? From what i’ve read, he deceived at least 2 woman into giving him money that could well total over a million NT. He roughed up and attempted to rape at least one of the woman who had to escape his place as she high tailed it to the police station. It seems now a few others are coming forward saying that they were in some way physically coerced as well. Not to mention that he illegally video taped these girls having sex. I said i’d like him punished because I believe he deserves to be strongly punished. What part of this are you finding confusing Finley? By going at my opinion that I do want him punished, does that by default imply that you don’t?

Anyway… Getting back to the point. Why can’t people just admit that a lot of white guys have an easier time getting woman here? It doesn’t have to be a judgmental or negative statement if you don’t want it to be. The same applies for other asian countries as well. Foreigners also have an easier time in Japan. The majority of foreigners who have lived there will tell you the exact same thing. It’s just easier man, why make such a big deal about this? In Taiwan, it’s easier for a lot of foreigners to attract woman. I think the same could probably be said about many nationalities or races on the planet right? I’ve heard that a lot of black guys have a field day in Japan. Rumor has it French guys have an easier time in North America. I have several South American friends that say it’s much easier for them to get woman in Canada then it was back in their home countries.

You know it could just be as simple as being white in Taiwan gives you an automatic ice breaker with woman that you otherwise would have to fight through. It’s real easy to flash a smile and fire off a few Chinese words to strike up a conversation with woman here. Maybe that’s it and as far as it goes, or maybe it’s more, I don’t know and I don’t care. But to deny that white people have an advantage in Taiwan is getting a little weird people.

I dont think anyone is denying white guys have an easier time in Taiwan and other countries in Asia. And the guy should be punished for anything he did that broke the law.

I wrote three sentences about him, and it ended with a request for clarification. And I already said that if these allegations are true (trial by media is unpleasantly common here), then I agree with your stance. I was just pointing out that fraud and rape are a whole different level of misbehaviour than sleeping around.

Nobody’s really disagreeing with this, but it’s not specifically “white guys”. It’s men in general, Taiwanese or otherwise. What I take issue with is the characterisation of Taiwanese women as “easy”. They just seem to be a lot less guilt-ridden than (say) American women, which might be related to the common cultural meme that anything’s OK as long as nobody finds out.

Saying it’s easier to find a partner (compared to one’s home country) is not the same thing as saying white people have an advantage. I find that language and cultural barriers make it more difficult for a foreigner, but maybe I’m hanging out in the wrong places. If it is true, then the more likely explanation is that Taiwanese women are just more interested in sexual relationships. But again, I don’t like the word ‘easy’ to describe that situation.

As for places like Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, etc: those places have fucked-up cultures. Everybody is looking for a free ride, usually because they don’t understand how to leverage their own worth or their (often substantial) capital assets. Women in particular have it hammered into their heads that the quickest route to a free ride is to find a rich man prepared to pay for an expensive one.

Initially the Turkish guy was reported for sexual assaulting a girl he invited back to his place. In the process of investigating this the police found video - apparently made without consent - of him having sex with over 20 girls, which led to further charges.

That’s wot I heard, anyway.

The Taiwanese media would have run with such a story if the alleged offender had been Taiwanese, especially following so soon after the Justin Lee case, with which it is at least superficially similar. So, I have no qualms with the running of this particular story. But the reaction I’m seeing - it has come up for discussion in every single one of my classes - is only about how Taiwanese girls like foreigners. I haven’t heard any concern expressed for the victims, only criticism directed at women. In the classroom setting I can’t say everything that I think, lest I scare the ‘customers’. The elephant in the room though, at least to me, is the ineligibility of Taiwanese men and their cluelessness in pursuing women. I mean, in comparison, this Turkish guy supposedly :liar: had 500 Taiwanese girls in only four years! How does that compute for the average, rather traditional, Taiwanese male? For on this matter Confucius only say, “500 girl cost LOT of money!” :bow: But surely the cogs must be turning over. This turkey didn’t have to pay for it. Or Why do Taiwanese women want sex with foreigners but not me?

The male ego can be such a delicate thing. :laughing: I don’t expect there will be a “Taiwanese guys are useless” video from Nextmedia anytime soon.

[quote=“antarcticbeech”]Initially the Turkish guy was reported for sexual assaulting a girl he invited back to his place. In the process of investigating this the police found video - apparently made without consent - of him having sex with over 20 girls, which led to further charges.

That’s wot I heard, anyway.
[/quote]

Now one 16 year old has stepped forward claimed the Turkish guy sexually assaulted her twice.

I remember hearing something about 16 will get you twenty.

So I guess making sweeping baseless generalizations is kind of your thing then huh? Yet you are uncomfortable with the word easy? Alright then, to each his own :astonished:

Isn’t saying white men have it easy and don’t pay (we all pay for it in some way) the same?

Not even remotely similar. Me saying the average white guy has it easier when it comes to getting girls in Taiwan is just a true statement. Someone else singling out three entire countries as being fucked up cultures full of free loading gold diggers is quite another.

I never said each and every white guy has it easier, I’m sure there are some that have a tough time or an easy time where ever they are. I simply said as a rule on average they sure do have it easier in Asia compared to the west. If that statement doesn’t apply to you ( which may be the reason you brought up paying for it ) then I’m sorry to have offended you with my baseless sweeping generalization :sunglasses: