Taiwan holiday calendar

I had a link to a calendar of all the public holidays in Taiwan but I can’t seem to locate it.

Anyone know where to find such a thing?

I want to know when the next long weekend is

:yay: :yay:

I found it.

cpa.gov.tw/cpa2004/egfix/EEW60001.html

What the hell are Particular Parties’ Days? Will there be work on May 1st?

According to the calendar next Tuesday is a holiday?

I didn’t hear anything about that

Feb 28th is a holiday. And I think May 1st (Labour day) is if you’re not a teacher (You get teacher’s day instead, or not)

There are holidays in Taiwan?? I thought Chen Shui-bian and the DPP took them all away…

Whatever happened to Consitutiton Day? New Year’s Day? Retrocession Day? Sun Yat-Sen’s Birthday? International Women’s Day/Tomb Sweep Day? (I can understand what happened to Chiang Kai-Shek’s Birthday, but they could have considered 228 a replacement for that!). Whatever happened to the system where holidays falling on weekends were made up by an adjacent weekday becoming a holiday?

I miss the good old days in Taiwan. It’s never a good thng when holidays are taken away.

I understand they dropped most of the holidays when the 42 hour work week was established instead of the 6 day work week.

That is the excuse they give and it’s pathetic. Those of us around during the so-called six day week know exactly how much work was ever done on a Saturday, and how losing genuine days off has greatly increased the workload on the long-suffering proles. Have you seen the holidays they get in the Worker’s Paradise? Obviously not enough learning from Comrade Lei Feng is being done. Must try harder.

[quote=“Chris”]There are holidays in Taiwan?? I thought Chen Shui-bian and the DPP took them all away…

Whatever happened to Consitutiton Day? New Year’s Day? Retrocession Day? Sun Yat-Sen’s Birthday? International Women’s Day/Tomb Sweep Day? (I can understand what happened to Chiang Kai-Shek’s Birthday, but they could have considered 228 a replacement for that!). Whatever happened to the system where holidays falling on weekends were made up by an adjacent weekday becoming a holiday?

I miss the good old days in Taiwan. It’s never a good thng when holidays are taken away.[/quote]

I think there are more days off this year than last.

…because last year most of them fell on weekends. The DPP has taken away the policy of making up for such days with a Monday off.

Back in the day, I didn’t even work on Saturdays.

I’ve booked Monday off, so now I have a four day weekend! Woohoo!!

I haven’t heard a derned thing about a day off next week. What’s this all about? Should I be informing my employers that they need to close for the day?

Ecaps

I haven’t heard a derned thing about a day off next week. What’s this all about? Should I be informing my employers that they need to close for the day?

Ecaps

feb 28 (tue): peace memorial day
i’ll have a day off. my son’s class is off. so i guess it’s a nat’l holiday

worth a wait:
apr 04 (tue): woman/ children’s day
apr 05 (wed): tomb sweeping day
gonna be nice to take a day off on monday but bad news is my son will still have a class on tuesday but not wednesday, meaning that it’s not a fully “statutory” holiday that tuesday 04 :unamused: