Taiwan instant noodle wars poll

That’s using your noodle!

Once in a while wouldn’t hurt but like everyday, there are other things to eat.

Rice
Noodles
Potatoes/yams
Quinoa

What’ is your weapon of choice?

Good bread!

Bread is the go to carb of choice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4YkdVNvaGs

According to Koreans, Korean instant noodles all have similar flavors, and Taiwan instant noodles have greater varieties

All Korean noodles have a red soup base and taste exactly the same. IMO

Off course, we eat bread and potatoes.

Not the black bean paste 炸醬 ones.

2 Likes

Or the cheese ones

I grew up eating Korean instant noodles and Taiwanese instant noodles. For Korean, they don’t eat the noodles as is. They will basically use it part of the recipe. They will dress it up with ingredients like eggs, kimchi, dumplings, Korean rice cakes. My mom eats them all the time adding things to it.

How to Fancy Up Your Korean Ramen - YouTube

Shin ramen is great.

Try jjappghetti if you’ve never had it, it’s the picture I posted below. its Korean 炸醬麵。 it’s really good with a side of kimchi. One of my favorites.

Here’s how you make it, it’s easy to fuck it up because it’s not a soup noodle. @Dr_Milker have you tried this one?

2 Likes

The noodles look exactly the same, but the packaging was different. Tasty stuff.

I think I’m going to find/eat those tonight. Hopefully they have the at PX Mart.

The one above is the original one. They even made a premium one but I still prefer the original.

1 Like

I seem to remember the one I used to eat having red, white and blue packaging. Used to get it in Koreatown in Oakland. My girlfriend’s Korean roommate turned me on to it. She used to make her own kimchi too.

The premium one is called 炸王, you dissed the king of Jajangmyeon…

Cooked together

51N+mL7dNTL.AC

My personal favorite when I want to “spice things up” a bit.

I prefer this Quinoa

Bump! So, for reasons that probably need no explanation, I may be buying some instant noodles for the first time in forever. I love Korean food and spicy food. Southeast Asian also great. What are some recommended noodles to buy here in Taiwan?

Bonus for included packages of kimchi, because that’ll make it healthy, right?

(Yeah yeah, I’ve already got a good stock of pasta and canned tomatoes and beans and grains, but may as well join the throngs in that instant noodle aisle I always avoid! Next week. Not this weekend. God no.)