Taiwan is 25th best country in the world for startups in 2022

From the Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2022:

“Three countries are new to the global top 25. The first, Austria, made an impressive
advance of 5 spots to rank 23rd. Norway also registered a massive increase, now
ranking 24th after jumping 7 spots this year. Closing the top 25 global countries is
Taiwan, advancing one spot after most of its second tier cities experienced substantial
growth.”

“Some new entrants to the top 200 cities this year include Winnipeg, Canada (ranked
192nd), Sankt Gallen, Switzerland (193rd), Oulo, Finland (195th), Hshinchu, Taiwan
(196th), and Stavanger, Norway (198th).”

Go to page 133 in the report for more information about Taiwan and page 352 for Taipei.

I wonder which Winnipeg politician bribed this publication.

Yeah… isn’t there a Winnipeger Forumosan here who’s often stated the faults/dangerous points of the city?

I think it’s @noel

Japan is 20 and Taiwan 25? BS. I’ve started companies in both and Taiwan is far better for startups. Less bureaucracy, lower costs, larger labor supply, and a much more extensive supplier base.

5 Likes

Best Country in the world for startups = Best place to lose your hard earned money to founders, scammers, VCs and other insiders.

Taiwan is a decent place for some startups…such as bike companies.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahbaha!!!

This is maybe the funniest thing I have ever read or heard.

Winnipeg Mayor Brian Bowman has definitely greased some palms (or something else) to get this!!!

2 Likes

Taiwan is insanely easy to setup. Only 1 single document needs to be done by a cpa. Everything else can be done by oneself for under 100 usd. Finding funding and all that is fairly variable. Setup is super easy in taiwan now. Even without a place, it can be rented fairly cheap.

Seems Taiwan one spot higher, Japan is better than Taiwan per report and Baltics (Estonia) seems better than both were we started up

I call bs on that. I’ve started companies in both Taiwan and Japan and Taiwan is way easier and cheaper in every respect for a startup.

Taiwan is also like 100 times more foreigner friendly. Japan hates foreigners.

Thanks for the information, now I know what Northern Taiwan think of Japan, seems here in Southern Taiwan do not think Japanese hate. 100X times more is a lot.

1 Like

This is a thing in Japan, and there’s no discrimination laws in Japan either.

They do have laws, when I go home I will check them?

Well i see lot more foreingers working in 7-11, Family, Lawasons ect, very few in Taiwan. In fact in hometown area in Japan a lot of retail workers speak Chinese, or other Asian languages from there homelands)

Japan lacks any law which prohibits racial, ethnic, or religious discrimination. The country also has no national human rights institutions.[3] Non-Japanese individuals in Japan often face human rights violations that Japanese citizens may not.[4] In recent years, non-Japanese media has reported that Japanese firms frequently confiscate the passports of guest workers in Japan, particularly unskilled laborers.[5][6]

This is the laws in Japan…