Taiwan is a country

…according to the Australian Federal Police. :smiley:
From their online application form for a national police check:

6 Likes

Yeah. Canada does the same thing in its forms.

1 Like

Go CANZUK!

You should also post this on /r/taiwan if you like internet points. They eat this stuff up.

6 Likes

Great idea!

Meanwhile, the public school teacher job posting site for my home state has helped me lie about my past decade of work experience by implying it all took place in a province of China…

3 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

The Australian Federal Police aren’t the greatest beacons of light. Their head of organised crime got busted trying to import more than $1 billion Australian dollars worth of drugs into the country. At the same time they were supervising an operation in Taiwan looking for major drug importers trying to send drugs into Australia.

Yeah he probably used his position to blackmail his sources

Who knows. There have been a bunch of them all busted over the last few years. There was an Australian border force guy that was working in Taiwan that was caught in possession of meth while trying to enter Indonesia. He ended up getting off because he showed email exchanges between himself and Bali Immigration stating he was bringing drugs with him. Sort of blurs the line on their whole war on drugs spiel.

The war on drugs needs to stop, it would be much better for society if they were legalized and regulated. The only reason it keeps going on is because governments make so much money from it.

1 Like

My point is that a lot of law enforcement are now using and profiting from drugs.

1 Like

Taking out the competition.
I like it.