Should Taiwan drug test foreign English teachers regularly?

are you doing those things? :roll_eyes:

Btw, buying food off an unlicensed street vendor is a violation of some law?

Haha I guess it’s safety in numbers.
Like how at the pride parade people can get away with things that would get a person charged if it was just them doing it.

1 Like

Like what, exactly?

I’m doing all those things.

Buying a biandang from a dodgy biandang vendor is aiding and abetting a known criminal. Who knows the provenance of that “beef”? How many dogs and cats go missing on any given Sunday? :male_detective:

Public nudity is the big one… (no pun intended)

Oh that’s such bullshit.
It’s only cats.
You bloody well know, if it were dog meat they’d charge you more than for beef.

Have you ever eaten poodle? It doesn’t taste like chicken. It tastes like poodle.

I maintain a strict policy of not letting anything containing the “poo” syllable in my mouth.

Some of my best teachers were potheads.

I meet way too many English teachers doing drugs so I’m just asking the question.

If my kids were learning English in Taiwan, I would be on right now saying drug test English teachers monthly.

I don’t have kids learning English in Taiwan so just a topic to see what people think.

Damn straight! Or else we’d see all kinds of weird English on the signs, ad campaigns, and government Twitter accounts.

4 Likes

Should Taiwan drug test Foreigner English teachers regularly?

:ponder:

1 Like

Those are the Taiwanese that think they know English doing that.

Or are you saying that they learn their English from drugged-up English teachers?

Now we’re on to something. Let’s not blame the MOE, let’s blame…

RI

I’ve got that movie in my collection. Quite funny really.

Can we drug test the police and politicians first? They are the makers and upholders of the laws. They should set an example.Then there’s the Taiwanese kiddies themselves. Seems like Ritalin and Ketamine are popular with them. Especially around the music festival time. Just the other day two Taiwanese kids got caught at Brisbane International airport trying to smuggle 4.5kg of methampthetamine into Australia. Does that mean that all Taiwanese are bad people and Australia should drug test them regularly?

1 Like

I would be more worried about someone taking SSRI anti-depressants or Alprazolam/Diazepam or Methylphenidate teaching my kid than someone smoking weed.

1 Like

As a parent of kids, I may want teachers do the test first, or at the same time, but why foreigner English teachers only?

It’s a voluntary one, but kids do that.
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2016/05/03/2003645401

They may want to add military people too.
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2017/02/24/2003665614

We saw the news about the urinals a year or two ago (there’s a thread somewhere). The consensus was they wouldn’t work.

Here?

I don’t know whther this is installed, but kids do voluntary test at school, and some are caught.