Taiwan is going to ban pitbulls

It is to me.

They’re not called pit bulls for no reason.

2 Likes

I hope they go through with it.
There are better breeds of dogs these people could have chosen.
I just wish the existing dogs would be euthanized as well because I think people will continue breeding them, probably making them even worse.

1 Like

I’m not sure they can do this without some kind of compensation or whatever. I mean people do have their dogs and to take them away and have it put down seems cruel.

1 Like

I agree. It’s a bit cruel.

Perhaps making it law they are neutered. Then they’ll eventually die off.

The dog is not the problem. The people. It is the Other Side of the Leash kind of problem.

3 Likes

Yea, so I think there needs to be a certification system in place for dangerous breeds…

Pit bull is a fighting breed so its natural inclination is to pick fights…

So are ‘pit’ girls.

The K-man weighs in with this report:

Guy

If you look at history, the pit bull was originally, up to the 20th century, the ideal pet companion for children. Luckily, the breed has not been that distorted by cruelty, they are gentle beasts…if you let them be themselves and treat them properly. But again,a bad owner, uneducated owner, buy for show owner, there are too many.

3 Likes

This has not been my experience.

1 Like

Yes, they will be forced to make soup or BBQ, probably.

Just kidding; the article says "Cheng Chu-ching (鄭祝菁), Animal Protection section chief of the COA, said the legal work is still in progress, but if the proposed policy is implemented, the public will no longer be able to buy or own pit bulls. Those who already own the animals can keep them, but they must register the dogs with the local government and cannot breed them.

1 Like

It is very hard to do that when they don’t have opposable thumbs. I suppose they could hold the ladle in their mouths and stir it, I have seen worse in the night market.

1 Like

I agree. The lock bite together with the shark or alligator type of twisting of the head back and forth. If you witness it, it’s very brutal. Most dogs fight for a short period. Once the winner is determined they part their ways. Pit bulls and even mixes with part pit bull blood fight in a different way altogether.

1 Like

5 Likes

I wonder if this meme is illegal in China

5 Likes

Read the article I posted

Both are problems AFAICS

See? I told you about Chihuahua.

1 Like

To have a dangerous dog, you need to make it dangerous. These dogs were nannies, we recently made them attack animals. It was not in their nature, humans changed that nature.