Taiwan is going to ban pitbulls

But they used to be nannies…

:roll_eyes:

OK… Any animal not on private property or leashed can be immediately euthanized. Problem solved.

They go for the jugular.

The nanny dog was a term applicable to many bull breeds. I explained how it came about in my first comment. It’s long gone now. Most of the Pitbulls in taiwan are also mixes.

1 Like

Ok, so this thread is giving me deja vu from earlier in the year …

1 Like

The Taipei Times editorial page weighs in on the proposed ban:

Guy

I think pitbulls should at least be restricted. Meaning you can’t have them unless you are certified to be able to socialize the dog properly.

half way measures don’t work in most places and certainly won’t work in taiwan.

The pit bull and other dangerous breeds should be outlawed in Taiwan. All existing ones should be neutered or spayed as the case may be and no breeding allowed.

They are dangerous dogs there is no question. The stats speak for themselves.

Tommy, it was until recently that zoos here were not strictly regulated/monitored - or else we would not have a liger- and I am sure somewhere there must be someone who still own a tiger- they recently caught someone with a Formosan cub as per, plus a few idjits hunted one and posted it on FB.

Well they look so much like house cats people have caught one and wanted to adopt it thinking it was a house cat…

Glasses. They need glasses.

Is that actually a thing? :open_mouth:

Guy

Good decision.

There should be a mandatory exam for all dog owners. Taiwan is sadly way behind the rest of the world when it comes to raising dogs. I don’t see the logic in banning a pitbull the same month they allow wolf hybrids into the country though. In many ways having irresponsible wannabe tough guy owners having Pitbulls is a lesser evil, there are far more dangerous breeds available in Taiwan

1 Like

Ligers, tigons and bears oh my.

Yeah, it’s a thing. There’s one in Pingtung, if he is still alive today.

This animal seems to have made it at least to May 2019:

Guy

1 Like

Regulations? Well, they must be printed somewhere.

How may I ask will they ever keep a wolf here?!

Near my house, they had an Afghan dog in a cage that was so small it could not stand or turn. Try that with a wolf.