Taiwan is the most free country in Asia

Don’t take it from me, take it from Freedom House. Only six countries in all of Asia are rated as free and of them, only Taiwan gets the highest score of 1 for both political rights and civil liberties. (South Korea, Japan, and Israel all score 2 for civil liberties).

65.110.85.181/uploads/pdf/Charts2006.pdf

Maybe time for some/all Western countries to reconsider their dogma’s from the Cold War, and start considering what is important in Asia - power, money or freedom?

All three things in exactly that order :stuck_out_tongue:

well maybe money trumps power, but freedom is a distant third

well maybe money trumps power, but freedom is a distant third[/quote] :astonished: :noway:

…and that is so shallow and pityfull, but Western Democratic Countries seems to stick to the formula, and let the brutal Chinese dictatorship control the development of Asia. What a shame!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :noway:

PRC need a revolution, the pigs are getting too big on behalf of the rest of the population - very few get money, only the pigs get power and noone get freedom. :smiling_imp:

well maybe money trumps power, but freedom is a distant third[/quote]

Hey! Don’t you know?!

“Freedom is on the march!”

/snark :unamused:

Freedom = Power = Prosperity.

interseting so I guess we are living in the most freedom country of the east…actually who did the study about it?

Read the OP first post

That must be why nations like Mexico are India are so powerful and prosperous, especially compared to a 6/7 nation like China.

That must be why nations like Mexico are India are so powerful and prosperous, especially compared to a 6/7 nation like China.[/quote]

How many in China have power and prosperity? 1000?
…and how free are they and the rest?

[quote=“X3M”]
…and how free are they and the rest?[/quote]
Wait, isn’t the Communist Party stealing power/prosperity? So, as the propaganda goes, at least 60 million Party members are powerful and prosperous… right?

I can only hope that mainland China will one day match Taiwan’s remarkable record in wealth creation, international standing, and rational/stable governance under the CSB administration.

[quote=“cctang”][quote=“X3M”]
…and how free are they and the rest?[/quote]
Wait, isn’t the Communist Party stealing power/prosperity? So, as the propaganda goes, at least 60 million Party members are powerful and prosperous… right?

I can only hope that mainland China will one day match Taiwan’s remarkable record in wealth creation, international standing, and rational/stable governance under the CSB administration.[/quote]

Excuse, me sir. Could you step out of the car, please.

HEY EVERYONE! Congratulations!

Last Year Taiwan rated 2 on Press Freedom! We’re 1 now!!!