Taiwan just (slightly) relaxed Dual Citizenship Rules

Just Taiwan’s.

To be honest with you, I agree with you. So I took it upon myself to talk to the MP in the area that I live in. Everything else isnt working, so I say let’s bring our opinions politely to the people who have the power to change this.

2 Likes

It’s so ridiculous . They said I “ almost “ qualified for a Plum blossom card … then someone came back and said , “ If you have won a Formula One Race you can have one “ … or finished in the top 3 of the F1 championship ! Errr… that would limit it to around 50 people on the planet :thinking: probably exclude yyy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

At least you have a clear path to victory, ha ha.

I guess they want to be like Singapore. They want the FB guys and many others to live here , not there. Now, how can they entice them to come? By only allowing people like them to enter! Genius! *

*please read above with dripping sarcasm.

To be like Singapore, you have to be like Singapore. Taiwan ain’t like Singapore, and no amount of wishful thinking will make it so (and this isn’t necessarily a bad thing…I hate Singapore).

1 Like

Singaporeans see Taiwan as a third-World hellhole. Taiwan certainly has its charms vis-a-vis Singapore (a more authentic if not chaotic Asian experience), but when policymakers try to emulate Singaporean policies, they are showing themselves to be inept and stupid is seeing the false comparison. Singapore is the Switzerland of Asia. It will attract high net worth foreigners. Taiwan will attract educationalists, educationalists, educationalists, missionaries, missionaries, and spouses in other professions (e.g., law, business etc.).

1 Like

Why? Because you can’t chew gum or bring a durian on the bus?

Boring, sterile, way too hot, unfriendly people, no free press, no democracy, etc., etc.

1 Like

Next thing you know is that Zuckerberg or Bezos want a Taiwan Blossom Card.:thinking:

Somehow I think if Suckerberg or Bozos wanted to come here, they would have a Taiwanese ID card for them ready at the airport, Freshly printed

1 Like

Yeah, but the idea is build it and they will come, though in thsi case it is closing the door to anyone but Zuckerberg or Bezos.

2 Likes

Another.
Specs:

• Lived in Taiwan for 50 years
  • Awarded a medal by the government

I think he lives near Baishawan

He founded the canadian Chamber of Commerce and Canadian Society. Muchas gracias on my behalf for the Canada Day celebrations, but man, how is one to compare?!

The only thing I have founded is The Association of Latin Wives and Girlfriends of Taiwanese Men. I am a card carrying member of the Supernatual Fan Club in Taiwan, too. Will that count?

Also great at composting. :wink:

Eleven more new naturalized citizens who obtained this status without renunciation. We’re now apparently up to 76 who have done so under the new scheme:

Guy

1 Like

Great :grinning: . Let me know when it gets to 0.02% of Foreigners in Taiwan

4 Likes

My ship was built for racing, but it’s hard to find a good service station on this planet where they won’t freak out and call the MIB on me. :idunno:

I get the cynicism.

But one thing that this thread does is try to follow data points. We won’t have the whole picture about what the state is doing (we never will) but we can judge from past actions when the new citizenship scheme might, maybe, help some forumosans in the future.

Guy