Taiwan kills Xmas yet again (2018 edition)

That’s the day that in the UK everyone wears boxer shorts.

less so than here. its looked down on as some western impurity by the govt.

here its basically a selfie festival at this point. no thanks!

Oh yeah. Well I didn’t get the impression the decorations were much of a problem. This was Shanghai though.
The irony to me being that last year I was reading about certain local governments in Australia’s answer to California talking about banning or at least removing funding for the festivities.

That being said China appears to be cracking down on the actual Christmas celebrations this year https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/christmas/chinas-communist-party-in-brutal-crackdown-on-christianity/news-story/f3d9475480d3d79db0a93279bae9cd7f?fbclid=IwAR16QsysG5IQkw3Ec8Vsi8C13ZxsySVMiMQO1pcLDcipONi5eZZrB4AGY9M#.f8br2

Must.Not.Enjoy.Evil.Foreign.(Sausage).

1 Like

20181217_222423

Indeed.

1 Like

Amen

Come on people. It’s Xmas fucking eve and we’re all working, we worked Saturday, we’ll work tomorrow. It’s cold and wet.

Can I get some outrage?

2 Likes

It’s usually cold and wet at Christmas. I blame Dickens for creating a myth.

On the plus side, I get free pizza during my lunch break tomorrow.

Not working, “enjoying” Christmas in carnegies

:sob:

bastard

Not being a teacher has it’s good days… or working for yourself

I’m more or less off until Thursday, my colleagues are on holiday until then

My colleagues work European work days

My company up and canceled the Saturday make up day, so regular weekend.

Neener neener.

1 Like

Actually I took the day off, I was just trying to turn the misery knob to 11.

The only difference between tonight and Chrimbo Eve back home is that when I get home with my load on I don’t need to worry about getting the stinkeye from Gran and me sainted Ma for showing up half in the bag at evening church services.

But in Kiwiland they’ll be getting the barbie ready as we speak and it won’t get dark till 9 pm :disappointed_relieved:

And the entire nation will be slowing down to an even slower than usual slow pace as everything closes down.

1 Like

Yes we are all working…

Almost all :wink:

I’ve been at the Bah Humbug coalface before and this is all I have to say about the matter…

If I could work my will, every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas ’ on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.

For me since years Christmas eve and Christmas is just that, nothing special.

Are you Ebenezer Scrooge ? :grin:

1 Like

Retired. Making chocolate strawberries while watching NFL Redzone.

Merry Christmas.

5 Likes