Taiwan_Luthier's experience in the US and gun laws

Neither was (indictment is a bit too high for my English level), but I’m not sure what word I was actually looking for. Before autocorrect. Indictment works, though - thanks! :bowing_man:

That reminds me again to proof read before saving. Sorry for that.

1 Like

Well, if it’s any consolation, I heard an allegedly true story of a professor who also got permanently banned from the US. He was asked if he had done any work on WMDs - and he naively said yes, from the defensive side. Even though he was from a Western country friendly to the USA, he got a life ban.

I don’t know what happened in the end or if he bothered to clear it up, but I understand he was so cheesed off he vowed never to go to the US again. Bear in mind I heard this story from a friend of a friend of a friend, so take no responsibility for its accuracy or veracity.

If I were you, @taiwan_luthiers I think you should enter the ballistics or arms profession :slight_smile:

Well CNN, is still whining about Trump. Unfortunately my TV only has CNN and the BBC.
I was hoping they could move onto to other things more, like inflation, abortion rights …

CNN covers both of these issues. Sometimes at great length.

Iok great , can they now shut up about Trump.

They’ll be whining about him until he’s dead, or they go bankrupt…whichever happens first.

1 Like

US immigration hands out lifetime bans like it’s nothing. Get convicted of theft anywhere and it’s a lifetime ban, even if your country discharged the offense due to time or even being found “not guilty”. It’s not that hard to get a lifetime ban from the US. Not like Taiwan where some foreigner can come back even if they did time for drug offense.

I can only enter the arms profession if someone in the profession recruits me. It’s not exactly an open profession.

People will recruit you if you apply :slight_smile: im kidding, I understand that one can’t start a weapons business from scratch, especially in Taiwan, but all the companies in the field recruit employees regulalry. If you are a good fit you can join the profession.

not to mention if I apply they’d want to see relevant experience, of which I have none.

Making guns out of 80% receivers don’t count, most likely.

In the end its a factory… they look for the same type of jobs like any other factory.

Really?

Any management roles?

It isn’t that simple.

In Taiwan only government arms factories produce arms. You can’t work there unless you are in the military. There are no civilian arms contractor I know of… but I did see one machine shop push out crates full of AR-15 lowers, so I don’t know.

i believe the employees of those factories are civilians employed by the government. but lets not argue, its not important.

I have no idea how to get in, I suspect my father can get me in, but he refuses to (or claims he has no ability to). I did ask. When he was in the army he was in charge of the branch of the military that is responsible for setting up these factories. Even if it’s not directly under his command, he likely knows people in the military who does.

I think the reason might be that my dad thinks weapons are evil and doesn’t want me to be near them. Or rather thinks I’ll get in more trouble if I make arms as a job.

1 Like

You can enter the arms profession either by the white or blue collar routes. Depending on your personal circumstances and preferences. Happy to advise here or via PM.

White collar - do engineering, perhaps a graduate degree, and then enter as a engineer/scientist. Or if you’re more a hands-on type of person, do an apprenticeship for machine work.

Blue collar - join the army and become an armorer.

Don’t let road bumps knock you off course from what you’re interested in. Life is too short to do a job that doesn’t interest you.

The Nazis weren’t stopped with warm feelings and kind words. Furthermore, having credible deterrence may actually prevent war in the first place.

4 Likes