Taiwan new golden age?

Agreed on all points. I just think more money will fix those, maybe I’ve drunk the cool aid haha but I’m pro slow and steady. Trying to fix quality of life things faster may pay-off, like Israel, or it may hamper economy, such as Japan or some European countries.

Taiwan is already a very rich country that acts like a poor developing country. Check Taiwan’s wealth
between public and private, it’s crazy.

GDP
$730.162 billion (nominal, 2021 est.) $1.3 trillion (PPP)

• Taipei, Taiwan’s capital city, is ranked the ninth global city by number of ultra-high-net-worth individuals, according to the 2019 Knight Wealth Report.

It’s a tiny country it wouldn’t cost that much to clean a lot of it up, build the pavements out , clean up the water.

What do you mean public vs. private.

Obviously people don’t want it that badly.

Just like how a slight majority of Americans don’t want to give health care to everybody.

1 Like

I mean the government has low national debt and huge space to tax and spend more with a huge GDP, and many private individuals and companies are loaded.
It still acts like a developing country quite often though.
And you have to live here to really understand and experience that.

3 Likes

It’s mostly because people don’t care.

I mean, if you go to Vancouver, megawealthy Hong Kongers piss off their neighbors by converting their lawns into cement.

21 posts were split to a new topic: Liveability, Walkability and Driving Speeds in Taiwanese City Planning

Taiwan is going into strong mood. There is a lot of positivity among business community which differs from previously years.

All of them look happy and excited, OEM, bank managers, one man businesses

It’s a first time i feel a need to buy a house here. Before I thought of it, as a cost, but now as good investment with great levarage. And I am fiannacialy conservative guy

1 Like

If they look so excited I’d hate to see them when they are down. People here don’t wear their emotions on their faces. Going by driving I’d say a lot of people.are piased off.

Would probably look fairly similar, no?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Liveability, Walkability and Driving Speeds in Taiwanese City Planning

Do you see queues of people for housing developments here over night ?
Might want to think it through a bit.
But saying it is a bad idea i just don’t see any exuberance at all.

Red envelopes are fatter. Much fatter. Maybe their relation to me has changed. Cause they expect great future.

Vibe is better. I can read Taiwanese. Nothing turn them on as good smell of money

1 Like

But where’s the exuberance ?
I saw the tail end of Taiwan’s last boom and it was very different than now.
Also my home country boom time which was a level 10x anything you see here.
Not saying that it couldn’t happen, I just haven’t noticed it except for more shiny cars and more expensive holiday accomodation.

Build your own house on the country.

Well, we just left the 10s and Millennials have gotten the shaft worldwide. We’re still trying to get onto our feet and hopefully if this golden age is a thing, then… you’ll see it when people get more comfortable. It only seems to have JUST started.

Forgive us if we are cautious and sceptical.

Where are you from, except of Ireland, Australia I can’t think of booming place in the west

If Estonia is in the west, count them in too

1 Like

A real boom is when EVERYBODY is talking about what their second homes, their foreign homes and investments , their new cars, expensive spa treatments nannies…The works…I saw it all in my.home country 15 years ago . Was crazy. Like dollar signs shining from people eyes and everybody was convinced tomorrow was going to be EVEN BETTER. You could walk out of a job and be in another job next week. Pay was going up every six months.
There’s nothing like that in Taiwan.
But hey let’s see how it pans out. Maybe in the electronics sector this could happen…Again. other sectors…Not much happening.

2 Likes

Right, and as I have said, and the OP seems to imply, it’s just the beginning…or at least seems to be beginning.

Hopefully this will go somewhere. Most of us are just happy to be living in 2019 here.

You can also do it in the city, my street has few new homes. (need remove the old house though,)

Yes.
…Kaohsiung…

1 Like