Taiwan passengers sit in protest

Seems to be a particularly Taiwanese phenomenon? The refusing to leave the aircraft upon arrival tactic. They better not try this in the USA, its not likely to go down too well with the FAA. But so far they seem to only do this in Taiwan where they dont get into trouble for it.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/chin … rotest.htm

[quote=“tommy525”]Seems to be a particularly Taiwanese phenomenon? The refusing to leave the aircraft upon arrival tactic. They better not try this in the USA, its not likely to go down too well with the FAA. But so far they seem to only do this in Taiwan where they dont get into trouble for it.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/chin … rotest.htm[/quote]

Why what would the FAA do? Send in commandos to cart them all off to prison?

I think it’s rather admirable, and I’m wondering who started it, the Taiwanese or the dalu lao?

Yes, good on them!

Yes they would be carted off and jailed in the USA

I can’t find any record of any such protest having happened in the US, and the FAA regs are not conveniently searchable. I’m interested to know why you think such an incident would be dealt with in that way Stateside.

Taiwanese passengers are always pulling that shit. For example on a Cathay flight back to TPE we had a rejected take-off due to an engine fault; a pretty dramatic event and not done lightly given teh wear and tear and potential for accident. They were mouthing off on the line to re-board the replacement aircraft about the delay. So I turned around and asked if he’d rather we’d crashed due to an engine failure, and did he think we’d be late then?

Of course the ass later tried to stand up during landing to, “protest”. Luckily they were in the back of he plane and only held-up themselves.

Back in the day when they travel agents were so good and didn’t connect flight and left them stranded for days in the old HKG airport, then they had something to complain about. Nowadays? Complete asshattery.

Passing through Hong Kong I came across a bunch of Chinese chanting and banging plastic bottles together because several flights had been canceled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMxxFAU9H_g

A re-post, but always worth watching again. It’s what plays in my mind when i see similar behavior.

I can’t find any record of any such protest having happened in the US, and the FAA regs are not conveniently searchable. I’m interested to know why you think such an incident would be dealt with in that way Stateside.[/quote]

Because you so much as look at em funny the cops will taze you in the USA bud.

[quote=“Elegua”]Taiwanese passengers are always pulling that shit. For example on a Cathay flight back to TPE we had a rejected take-off due to an engine fault; a pretty dramatic event and not done lightly given teh wear and tear and potential for accident. They were mouthing off on the line to re-board the replacement aircraft about the delay. So I turned around and asked if he’d rather we’d crashed due to an engine failure, and did he think we’d be late then?

Of course the ass later tried to stand up during landing to, “protest”. Luckily they were in the back of he plane and only held-up themselves.

Back in the day when they travel agents were so good and didn’t connect flight and left them stranded for days in the old HKG airport, then they had something to complain about. Nowadays? Complete asshattery.[/quote]

Sure, but then doesn’t the question become why their maintenance is so poor then? I believe it used to be true, but I’m not sure if it still is, that Qantas had an excellent safety and maintenance record. Why can’t others get their shit together?

I was wondering why they were pissed off about a delay due to poor weather?

Refusing to leave the aircraft is going to make it delayed for the next group, although I’m quite sure no-one gives a crap about that. Why don’t they chant ‘Mememememememe’?

Apparently they were approaching Song Shan airport and turned back to China due to bad weather and there was some controversy why they didnt land in Taoyuan instead? And also apparently they were not later told the flight was cancelled till nearly midnite back in China. So the airline kept them waiting and waiting and waiting. Hence the protest , which was to get some sort of monetary compensation I would imagine.

The Mother of all Taiwanese sit-down-in-the-airport-protests was clearly the Rebar thief and his wife.

[quote]The fugitive couple were met at the gate by armed security guards, who attempted to persuade them to board a Taiwan-bound plane.

Wang You-theng reportedly began sobbing and squatted down on the floor, refusing to move.

According to a MOFA statement, the ministry provided Singaporean authorities with information about Wang You-theng ahead of the couple’s arrival.

Since the couple had not committed any crimes in Singapore, and no extradition agreement exists between Taiwan and Singapore, authorities there were unable to detain them.

The MJIB agents at the airport attempted to persuade the couple to board Taiwan-bound Singapore Airlines flight 872, which was delayed for three hours after its original 8:05am departure time.

There were 190 passengers onboard flight 872.

“Singapore Airlines apologized for the delay by giving passengers pineapple cakes, but I think most of us passengers will still ask for more compensation in the near future,” an unnamed passenger on the flight told the cable news station TVBS.

After screaming, crying and yelling in front of a boarding gate as agents tried to persuade the couple to return home to face trial, the fugitives eventually opted to return to the US via Singapore Airlines flight 38 direct to Los Angeles.[/quote]
taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003347467

:roflmao:

Ok, that’s annoying, but not unknown. Being an arsehole and embarrassing yourself to get money is the new LooVeeto? They’d better be careful, there’s summin a bit … Canadian about all this.

Won’t get off the flight? Lock the bathrooms, put away the drinks and the in-flight shopping carts, turn off the A.C. and watch them squirm.

Exactly: not a battle they can win. If they refuse to get off, just remove the steps, turn everything off and leave them until they are ready. or tell them they aren’t going to start unloading the luggage until they are off the plane. Getting off a delayed plane late to prove a point is really dumb. The airline should refuse to fly them again.

There’d be anti-terrorist squads there if they tried that shit in Britain. You just don’t fuck around in airports.

Exactly: not a battle they can win. If they refuse to get off, just remove the steps, turn everything off and leave them until they are ready. or tell them they aren’t going to start unloading the luggage until they are off the plane. Getting off a delayed plane late to prove a point is really dumb. The airline should refuse to fly them again.

There’d be anti-terrorist squads there if they tried that shit in Britain. You just don’t fuck around in airports.[/quote]

Oh I disagree. Fucking around in airports, especially in the UK, is my freaking right, after all the no-necked cocks who populate those places are done arsing me around. Buttercup you must have seen the show ‘airport,’ which was originally titled ‘cocks in hi-viz tabbards.’ Airport staff think they have a god given right to treat you like scum. Give an idiot a rule and a walkie talkie and they will turn your day to shit in seconds. Any bastard who has the gall to start a sentence with ‘It’s no good getting angry with me,’ really needs to be kicked so hard up the arse that they have my toes for teeth. I watched that Chinese woman clip and was backing her all the way. You go crazy Chinese style girl!

Yebbut, they have ALL the power. Mebbe not in Taiwan, but in London, fuck 'em about and you get arrested under anti-terrorism legislation.

It’s selfish and illogical to protest a plane being late by refusing to get off of it.

I protest by not flying through Heathrow or on airlines who fail to treat me like a valued customer.

Nah, I told a member of ground staff to stop being such a dick and she caved in. This guy had got his hand luggage all the way through to the point of getting on the plane. Jobsworth steps over and picks up his hand luggage and says ‘this feels a little heavy, you have to have it stowed.’ I asked politely ‘do you have a set of scales in your wrist?’ ‘No.’ I ask, ‘do you think perhaps you should weigh this bag with a set of scales rather than making a personal judgement call which will slow down the entire plane?’ She let him take his bag on. I guess she spat in my sandwich but who gives a fuck. Of course don’t be dumb and say ‘I have a bomb,’ but apart from that be as awkward and wankerish as you can, otherwise they’ll get in there first. Expect every sentence uttered to be a lie, or based on a lie.

You don’t like getting upgraded, do you? :laughing:

People with carry-on wheelie suitcases are all *******s, anyway.