Taiwan passport cover competition

Really nice designs

https://taiwanpassport.tw/vote/international_standard/page=1

Vote…very difficult, all are so good.

1 Like

Competition is here AFAIK, it’s open to everyone.

Run by the NPP, but I think they should be figuring out how to fix themselves before they start losing elections by wasting time on this.

But, since we’re talking about this, I like the more basic designs that have logos/emblems/coats of arms instead of maps of the country. Many are too complex.

Our country’s passport looks like the last design I quoted and each page looks like the second design, with different animals in every page. For security reasons, of course.

When will be the final redesign of taiwan passport and it will be public use?

Isnt it going to a vote? That seems like a fair way.

I vote for any design without the letter c in any part of it.

2 Likes

I think that would look weird.

陳 would become hen.

Alright Mr Hen! What is your purpose of travel in the United States?

Says here you were born in Hanghua? Can you locate that for me?

After the voting it will be final design or what?

Yes anything but “c”

Ehem

No, talking about the design not the private info.

I’m kidding!

Too few of the candidates which incorporate an image of the island included the outlying islands.

It’s like a map of the US without Alaska and Hawaii to my eyes.

That being said, aesthetically (including imagery, font, and use of space), I feel this one is my top choice.

P.S. Oh, yeah, 臺 (not 台) would be better.

2 Likes

Technically, historically and I think even legally speaking, Matsu and Kinmen are part of ROC/China legacy. Taiwan proper and the Pescadores (Penghu) were bundled together in the San Francisco treaty, and given as a loot to the ROC. So if push comes to shove, Taiwan stands with Penghu, at most.

2 Likes

Wow that got deep quick!

In my opinion, the passport should not resemble anime, should directly state taiwan as taiwan, not republic of the enemy, background should be BLUE, and be simple and sophisticated. There are good ones there, hard to choose.

I havent spent the time it would take me to read the mandarin characters, but why on eartg is this a NPP platform? That just means the whole thing carries no weight and won’t go anywhere. What am I missing?

Edit. My picks in order

These 2 are interesting cause the aboriginal connection which is great. But absolutely never have pink in a passport, even though it seems to depict tribes which is an interesting take on F*ck china. The other one just seems too flashy. It has the icons of taiwan but displayed in a way one might expect from an India ktv video. Lots of gold in investments is good, not so much in design.

But the buttery the white one seems a bit no.1

If this one sir wins in the contesr it means taiwan passport will like be this?coz NPP is the one put the contest or this things is running for a contest only?

This contest is just a gimmick. NPP might be trying to drum up votes somehow, but a new passport would be unlikely to come up for vote anytime soon. If there were an official referendum, I would have no vote anyways. I didn’t read the site in detail, but the winning designer will likely get a prize of some kind.

That seems about right.

Now that you’ve all wasted time looking at the NPP’s fantasy passport competition, Su Tseng-chang just announced the new official design:

Looks a bit busy to me. The English font for Republic of China looks like it’s supposed to be some anti-counterfeiting mechanism that doesn’t belong on the cover. And if they don’t want to be bilingual just delete 護照 in Chinese.

3 Likes

Pretty ugly, but at least it says Taiwan on it.

2 Likes