Taiwan Pension Fund

What pension funds do you guys pay into? I’ve been here for two years now and plan on staying quite a while, probably next year getting a JFRV. I don’t think my company pays into any funds for me, does anyone know any private funds that allows alien residents? How do you cover yourself for time after working life?

Private ones in my home country, dividend rich stocks, domestic and offshore capital life insurrances

Hell, I knew I had forgotten something :slight_smile:
Just Private and State Pensions from UK,which will be worthless,I imagine. I have decided not to live too long,to solve this issue.

[quote=“shiadoa”]Hell, I knew I had forgotten something :slight_smile:
Just Private and State Pensions from UK,which will be worthless,I imagine. I have decided not to live too long,to solve this issue.[/quote]

I also chip into the UK state pension. Only costs around NTD30k or so a year, but I’m not holding my breath on a future pay out. I have the feeling that there will be some kind of payoff simply because old people vote. I have a company pension from the UK that might come good. Tricky things these pension Ponzi schemes :slight_smile: . Other than that I save as much as I can.

My main point is a “pension” isn’t the be all and end all. It’s probably not even a sensible way to plan for the future. Any investments that can generate an income one is comfortable with to stop working are good.

As shiadoa points out, dying young solves the problem.

[quote=“tomthorne”][quote=“shiadoa”]Hell, I knew I had forgotten something :slight_smile:
Just Private and State Pensions from UK,which will be worthless,I imagine. I have decided not to live too long,to solve this issue.[/quote]

I also chip into the UK state pension. Only costs around NTD30k or so a year, but I’m not holding my breath on a future pay out. I have the feeling that there will be some kind of payoff simply because old people vote. I have a company pension from the UK that might come good. Tricky things these pension Ponzi schemes :slight_smile: . Other than that I save as much as I can.

My main point is a “pension” isn’t the be all and end all. It’s probably not even a sensible way to plan for the future. Any investments that can generate an income one is comfortable with to stop working are good.

As shiadoa points out, dying young solves the problem.[/quote]
Perhaps you can rent out your spoon collection. :whistle:
I actually bought a rallycar,which I hope will increase in value …plus I can use it. Values have gone crazy on collectable historic rallycars…better than the 0.3%PA rise in my private pension scheme. Hoping property in the UK does not drop much more also. :cry:

That’s an option :lick: …