Taiwan police arrest suspected child molester from US

Because you don’t need teaching qualifications or police clearance to be alone in a room full of children, either completely unsupervised or supervised by similarly unqualified/vetted, easy-to-manipulate 20something girls with little English or clue about Western culturalm norms/freak-spotter cues?

[quote=“Buttercup”]
Because you don’t need teaching qualifications or police clearance to be alone in a room full of children, either completely unsupervised or supervised by similarly unqualified/vetted, easy-to-manipulate 20something girls with little English or clue about Western culturalm norms/freak-spotter cues?[/quote]

That’s not Teaching, Buttercup, that’s Nightclubbing in Taipei.

Whooohooo!

Great answer buttercup :bravo: :smiley:

No, not at all. Just common sense, surely?

I was watching the evening news and they were having a “Crossfire” type debate on a political talk show. It seems that there are some KMT heavy weights who are really interested in using this American as pawn for a “prisoner exchange” type of thing. They specifically mentioned keeping the American in the San-Xia detention center until they can successfully negotiate and pressure America to arrest and return Dr. Huang Fang-yen of the C.S.B. clan Sogo coupon notoriety. “Hey, America, we’re more than happy to help you by arresting and deporting this American you want, so, how about a little quid-pro-quo and arresting and deporting Dr. Huang Fan-yen back to Taiwan for us?” The talk show members also acknowledged that this American has yet to be convicted of child molestation let alone having been charged with those type of crimes…yet. Hmmm…the plot thickens. Here’s an article from the Taiwan News.

Exchanges of U.S. and Taiwanese fugitives difficult: MOFA

Taipei, Feb. 17 (CNA) A Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) official said Tuesday it would be difficult to arrange the exchange of an American suspect recently apprehended in Taipei for Taiwanese fugitives living in the U.S. because the two countries do not have a mutual extradition agreement.

MOFA spokesman Henry Chen was responding to an opinion piece by Loh I-cheng, Taiwan’s former ambassador to South Africa, who suggested that an American fugitive recently apprehended in Taiwan could be used as a bargaining chip to get the U.S. to extradite individuals living there who are wanted by Taiwan.

Loh was referring to Wang You-theng, who allegedly embezzled billions of Taiwan dollars from his Rebar Asia Pacific Group, and Huang Fang-yen, the former deputy head of the Shin Kong Memorial Hospital.

Prosecutors want to question Huang as a witness in the investigation into corruption and money-laundering allegations againt former President Chen Shui-bian and his wife.

Chen said that it would not be easy to negotiate such a deal due to the lack of an extradition treaty between Taiwan and the U.S. He pointed out, however, that the signing of such an agreement is a top priority of President Ma Ying-jeou’s administration.

Ma has successfully rebuilt mutual trust between Taiwan and the U.S. since assuming office last May, Chen said, and the administration is now also focusing its efforts on getting Taiwan into the American visa waiver program and signing a free trade agreement with the U.S.

The fugitive Loh was referring to has been identified as Mark Lee Kaczmarczyk, who fled the U.S. to escape child molestation charges.

Kaczmarczyk, who is being held at the Sanhsia Alien Detention Center, was nabbed in Taipei by Taiwan’s Criminal Investigation Bureau (CIB) Sunday after the CIB was contacted by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for help in locating the suspect.

According to the CIB, Kaczmarczyk was wanted in California for allegedly molesting six children at a daycare center that he operated and could face a jail term of 48 years.

Despite the absence of an extradition treaty between the two countries, Kaczmarczyk is likely to be repatriated to the U.S. if he is not found to have committed any crimes while in Taiwan, the CIB said.

Here is a news article and TV interview with a mother of one of an alleged victim. There are also many more details about Mark Lee Kaczmarczyk, his wife Anita Kaczmarczyk and the child daycare business, Anita’s Daycare, that they ran out of their apartment in Mission Valley, San Diego California. Channel 10 News San Diego California
His wife, Anita, was booked into jail on 02/16/2009 and is currently being held on $600,000 bailable charges. Here is her booking sheet with the eight crimes she has currently been charged with.

CHARGES FOR BOOKING NUMBER 9712976, ANITA KACZMARCZYK

Arrest: 1
Charge#: 1
Bail Flag: Y
Bail Amount:$50,000.00
Description:L&L W/CHILD UNDER 14
Code:PC
Statute:288(A) PC

Charge#: 2

Charge#: 3

Charge#: 4

Charge#: 5
Bail Amount:$100,000.00
Description:CHILD CRUELTY:POS INJ/DTH
Statute:273A(A) PC

Charge#: 6

Charge#: 7

Charge#: 8

Bail Flag Codes:
Y or I - Charge is eligible for bail.
H or N - Inmate may not be bailed out on that given charge.
B - Bail is not required on this charge.

California Penal Code 288(a) Definition

A lewd or lascivious act is defined as any touching of the body of a child under the age of 14 years with the specific intent to arouse, appeal to, or gratify the sexual desires of either party. The touching can be against bare skin, or on top of clothing. California Penal Code Section 288 defines what a lewd act with a child under 14 comprises, reading in part:

(a) Any person who willfully and lewdly commits any lewd or lascivious act, including any of the acts constituting other crimes provided for in Part 1, upon or with the body, or any part or member thereof, of a child who is under the age of 14 years, with the intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust, passions, or sexual desires of that person or the child, is guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for three, six, or eight years.

In addition to criminal punishment of incarceration, the court may order the defendant to pay an additional fine up to $10,000.

Persons convicted of Penal Code section 288 must register as a sexual offender, pursuant to Penal Code Section 290. Section 290 of the California Penal Code requires people convicted of certain sexual offenses to register with the local law enforcement agency responsible for the jurisdiction in which they reside within 5 working days of their birthday and within 5 working days of changing their address. This is a requirement for the rest of their lives. Failing to register may be punishable as a felony.

California Penal Code 273a(a) Definition

(a) Any person who, under circumstances or conditions likely to produce great bodily harm or death, willfully causes or permits any child to suffer, or inflicts thereon unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering, or having the care or custody of any child, willfully causes or permits the person or health of that child to be injured, or willfully causes or permits that child to be placed in a situation where his or her person or health is endangered, shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison for two, four, or six years.

Taiwanese will go along with something but if they think about it, all of a sudden they have other ideas.

NOt saying thats a bad thing though.

In this case, the US and Taiwan should sign an extradition agreement retroactive to 20 years or something. And the visa waiver is a good idea.

Didnt Taiwanese already get the visa waiver though? Or was that just with Britain?

This makes me sick! Molesting kids that are in your care aged 3 months to two years? It doesn’t get any worse. Just reading about the trauma in the diaper area of half a dozen infants . . . No wonder this guy fled. He’s unlikely to ever be a free man again. :pray:

The strangest part to me is that his wife was doing the same thing?!! I would think molesting infants and toddlers would be extrememly rare; to think that BOTH were doing unthinkable things . . . :fume:

Good work by all involved catching this creep.

Sorry if I have offended anyone because I didn’t feel like using words like “alledged” or “accused.”

yea like I said the criminals that fled to the US they’re white collar criminals (and we all know US’s attitude towards that…) that poses little risk to the community. However this guy is a known sex offender who is a fugitive from justice, who is a threat to the community here, and besides Taiwanese cops loves to solve murders or other serious violent crime because there are huge bonuses associated with that.

I am sure if a murderer flees to the US the US government will be quick to find/deport that guy.

Because you don’t need teaching qualifications or police clearance to be alone in a room full of children, either completely unsupervised or supervised by similarly unqualified/vetted, easy-to-manipulate 20something girls with little English or clue about Western culturalm norms/freak-spotter cues?[/quote]

I would say that’s a little myopic.
I don’t think he chose Taiwan for those reasons.

This is a man on a $2 million bond facing a possible 48 year sentence. The last thing on his mind when he typed ‘countries with no extradition treaties with the USA’ into google was figuring out how he can (allegedly) carry on committing crimes (in a foreign country).
He was in pure survival mode.

That’s not to say he wouldn’t have done it - we’ll never know.

And he could commit these crimes anywhere.

I wonder how many people in Taiwan are convicted for such crimes? The majority will be locals of course.

*I am not excusing anything!! However, Zender’s post that he thought infant and child molestation would be a rare thing–that he was shocked that the wife was doing it, too, deserves some thought. Many times, a man who would commit such unthinkable acts is also very controling and abusive to his spouse–why would only abuse children and not her? I’d say there is a high likely hood that she participated with him because she was fearful of him and felt forced to. *Again, I’m not trying to imply that she is not guilty or should be given special treatment. Just trying to see, like Zender, how these people could BOTH have done this.

There was a case on TV the other day about a couple, engaged, raping and murdering the woman’s sister or niece after she’d gone to sleep one night–both participating equally. I generally can’t stomach much of this kind of thing, so turned it off before I learned if the child died as a result of the rape or if the murder was a second intentional crime. Her body was found at the very same time that he young couple’s wedding was taking place. Sick.

‘Myopic’? :laughing:

[quote=“cake”]

I would say that’s a little myopic.
I don’t think he chose Taiwan for those reasons.

This is a man on a $2 million bond facing a possible 48 year sentence. The last thing on his mind when he typed ‘countries with no extradition treaties with the USA’ into google was figuring out how he can (allegedly) carry on committing crimes (in a foreign country).
He was in pure survival mode.

.[/quote]

Hard to say. Assuming he is in fact guilty of the crimes he is charged with/implicated in, then you are talking about a real nutbar. I wouldn’t go assuming any kind of rational thought process. He could be thinking anything. I would also presume that a compulsion causing someone to commit such a crime is a pretty strong compulsion.

That would be the case of the most notorious Canadian rapists Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka. Karla Homolka was unbelievably released from prison on July 4th, 2005 and is still free. Karla drugged her 15 year old sister and “gave” her sister’s virginity to her husband as a “Christmas gift”. Her sister vomited, lost consciousness and died! They equally participated in the rape of her sister and others. Wikipedia has pretty good narratives regarding these two scumbags.

Karla Homolka - Wikipedia
Paul Bernardo - Wikipedia

The TrueTV website has a 37 page documentary with more details, police reports, etc.

All For Love - TrueTV

Whatever happened to that ABC guy who was looking for a tennis partner?

Wasn’t he also in Taiwan on jumped bail or post conviction?

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]notorious Canadian rapists Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka. . . .

Karla Homolka - Wikipedia
Paul Bernardo - Wikipedia[/quote]

Yikes! :astonished: What is it with Canadians, eh?

Good on the US for being pro-active and seeking him out.

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]I did a little research on this guy and I found little to coroborate that this guy is an actual child molester or suspected child molester. I found no past news stories in San Diego California of any kind, he’s not on the FBI’s wanted list, and the current charges he’s faced with do not mention anything about child molestation. Yes, he’s been charged with physical abuse of a child or children, he bailed out on $2,000,000, he was attending mandatory counseling sessions, he jumped bail and he fled to Taiwan where he was arrested. I think the police suspect he’s a child molester and they’re trying to build a case against him, but it’s extremely unusual to have the authorities call him a suspected child molester, but have no past TV or newspaper news stories about him, his wife, or the day care center where the alleged abuse would have taken place. Sex crimes against children or even alleged sex crimes against children are huge news in the United States and it’s usually very easy to find information on the type of people who are guilty or accused of crimes against children. Also, individuals charged or even suspected of sex crimes against children are forced to surrender their passports as part of the condition of bail. If he is such a bad character, then law enforcement was extremely lax on making sure he couldn’t easily jump bail and leave the US via a commercial airline from Los Angeles! Here’s his charging sheet and the narrative of the PC code that he’s been charged with.
[/quote]

He jumped before he was arrested, so he never posted bail (or a % of bail). I have a .pdf of the FBI’s complaint of his unlawful flight, and it is sickening. It also says that he flew directly to Taipei on Dec 8. I can send the file to anyone who wants to see it, but it’ll ruin your day, if not your whole weekend.

I’ll be in Taichung at the Londoner from around 7pm. Any chance I can ruin your weekend with some chess. I have my floppy board, tournament pieces and clocks in the car.

If not Saturday night maybe Sunday at La Terrice? You can bring along your PDF files.

Also, if you have time Tim needs some Math help again. Let me know if you can do it or if you know somebody who can.

Here’s the FBI’s Complaint for Violation of Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution.

[color=#FF0000]WARNING. VERY GRAPHIC AND DETAILED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK![/color]

Complaint Charge Sheet
Complaint Affidavit Page 1
Complaint Affidavit Page 2
Complaint Affidavit Page 3
Complaint Affidavit Page 4