Taiwan Police Doing Good Deeds

It’s nice to see a good story about the police in Taiwan. Police helping like this is rare these days in many modern countries.

Definitely an “only in Taiwan” moment.

1 Like

Well … they didn’t exactly meet with unfortunate circumstances , it was more a case of wandering off without having thought things through. Filipinos do seem to have a bit of a reputation for turning up somewhere without a plan or the bus fare home and then relying on others to bail them out (also known as “God will provide”).

But yeah, very nice of the hualien police to fulfil the role of God in this instance. If they’d tried that in Blighty they probably would have been faced with miserable old gits like me instead.

1 Like

Police here are wonderful. Really great human beings (usually), just not at their job haha.

On one of my bike trips in Taiwan I pulled up to a police station in a small east coast town and queried the policeman standing outside the branch where I might find a place to stay for the night with my bike.
He nicely asked my budget, I said around NT$600, and he opened his cell phone, made one call and got me a room about 50m down the street from some friend or someone he knew that rented rooms. I would not have found it, because no sign outside the place. Clean and with aircon.

4 Likes

And me :confused:

Yes don’t ever ask for help from the police in the US, who knows you may have a warrant for a 20 dollar traffic ticket and they will have to arrest you, or you know they get too trigger happy.